What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie mistake...D'Oh!  (Read 3024 times)

magoomba

Newbie mistake...D'Oh!
« on: September 02, 2008, 08:16:15 pm »
I'm on my 3rd water change, so I should know better by now, but...I accidentally filled my tub without using the dealer-supplied Hot Springs special water filter on the end of my garden hose.  So far, I've only added the calcium hardness increase before I realized my error, so it wouldn't be a big $$$ waste to drain the tub again and fill it back up with the filter in place.  

The water looks clean and clear; the pH is 7.2 and the Alk is 130, but I'm guessing I likely have some unwanted minerals in there.  Anyone else ever done this before?  Am I at risk of damaging my equipment and/or staining my shiny white shell?  My guess is the answer is "it depends" on the level of minerals in the town water.  If that's the case, I suspect the mineral level is low, as we don't have any filters on our house and we don't get any mineral stains in toilets, bath tubs, dishwasher, etc.

Hope that's enough info.  Any and all feedback is appreciated!

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Newbie mistake...D'Oh!
« on: September 02, 2008, 08:16:15 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Newbie mistake...D'Oh!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 08:22:46 pm »
I wouldn't stress about it. :)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 09:15:35 pm »
I wouldn't stress about it. :)

That's certainly less of a mistake than my mistake (see bonehead thread).  I've only seen the HS product you mentioned, but depending on the condition of your local water source one time without it shouldn't be too bad of a thing.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 09:54:48 pm »
You should be fine.  While the filter is a nice thing to use, it is not necessary.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

magoomba

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 12:00:22 am »
Thanks for the prompt responses.  I feel better knowing I can relax in my tub once it's up to temp.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 12:00:22 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42