What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hi all! Electric bill?  (Read 4073 times)

kacrab10

• 2004 Sundance Optima
Hi all! Electric bill?
« on: August 30, 2008, 11:23:31 am »
It has been awhile! We have been enjoying the tub for about a full month or more and got our first electric bill. It was a lot more then I expected (about 60 dollars).  I'm going to see how the next bill looks because we have not been running the AC as much and I think it might make a difference.  Any thoughts from the regulars?  We are in Northeastern Md

Hot Tub Forum

Hi all! Electric bill?
« on: August 30, 2008, 11:23:31 am »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Re: Hi all! Electric bill?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 11:27:31 am »
We've had ours for three months and no change in the electric or water bill. We have been in 110 degree weather so I don't think the heater has worked much. Our Jacuzzi runs all pumps every 6 hours for a few minutes and the circ pump runs most of the time.

Scott  8-)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 11:28:04 am »
The first month is always much higher than subsequent months.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 12:37:07 pm »
The first month is always much higher than subsequent months.

8-)
Because you have heated the water up to temp and use the tub a lot because it is new. I think you will see it will not be to bad, Sundance is well insulated.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 12:41:11 pm »
There are so many factors.

What is the cost of your electricity?  What temp do you keep the tub at?  How often is it used?  Jets on?  Jets off?  Bubbler?  60 amp?  50 amp?

$60/month could easily be at the high end of normal for a Sundance.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 07:28:32 pm »
There are so many factors.

What is the cost of your electricity?  What temp do you keep the tub at?  How often is it used?  Jets on?  Jets off?  Bubbler?  60 amp?  50 amp?

$60/month could easily be at the high end of normal for a Sundance.

I am curious why do you say normal for a Sundance and also would not the model play a big part. The Maxus would be the only model I would think they make that could run that much but that is a much larger tub than most others.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 07:52:10 pm »

I am curious why do you say normal for a Sundance and also would not the model play a big part. The Maxus would be the only model I would think they make that could run that much but that is a much larger tub than most others.
You are right.  I did forget about the model.  I am basing the high end of normal on feed back from customers.  Also, I should qualify:  Sounds like it could be high end of normal for 1st month's heavy use.  Key factor when we discuss cost of operation is cost/KWH.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Brothersean

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 09:25:27 am »
Hi Kacrab,

I agree with the replies you have received.  We started up our Sundance Cameo (459 gal.) in April. Our first bill @  $.12 per k/hr in Ct. was $33.00 more than the previous month.

Each bill after was about $10.00 to $15.00 more.  We (2 people) use the thing still about 1-2 times a day for 1-2 hours at a clip!!.   From 97-100 deg.

But as mentioned there are many other factors to consider and probably the only completely accurate  way to find out is to meter it.

Enjoy..............Sean

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 01:54:09 pm »
I'm one of the biggest penny pinchers out there, but I don't sit and worry how much extra the hot tub costs us, electricity wise.  Giving up one night out on the town easily pays for the extra cost in our electric bill each month, and we get way more enjoyment from having the tub.   If I had to worry about that, I wouldn't have purchased the tub to begin with.  I do notice a rise in the bill when we have people over during the winter months, and the cover is open all night from people getting in and out, but hey, you've only got one time around in this life.  ENJOY!   ;)  

stevewhosau

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 10:54:30 pm »

Our new Maxxus added about twenty bucks to our electrical bill.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 10:54:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42