What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How Long Must I Wait????  (Read 9284 times)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: How Long Must I Wait????
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 10:45:45 am »
I've been here all my life. I just remember the blizzard of "96.." Boy was that crazy!

Well, I called the dealer this morning and asked to speak to the manager. Guess what he told me? " Yeah, it's here. We got that in on Wed." I then told him what happened yesterday when I called. I told him the sales guy told me it wasnt shipped yet and I will have to wait until they get a truckload in. I didnt mention to him that I called the Las Vegas Factory. I figured I was going to hold that in my back pocket if he tried to give me a song and dance about them waiting for it to be shipped.

So I told him I want to set up a delivery date but unfortunately the guy that does that was not in....figures huh? So then I asked if he could leave a message for this guy that I want it delivered next Saturday. He told me they dont deliver Saturdays...ugh!! Will I ever get this thing? He told me he will have him call me Tues to set up delivery. So that's it for now I guess. Hopefully will have it by the end of next week.

crystal

They have it in stock and they cannot set up a delivery date?   >:(
Boy that is crazy! >:(
Don't they know they don't get paid until they deliver?
Hope things get better as you move forward.  They don't sound like the brightest bulbs.
I know our customers would not put up with such poor communication and customer service.  As Tony Bruno would say, "That's an outrage!."
 What else do they do?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 10:47:25 am by hottubdan »
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 10:45:45 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 11:06:02 am »
You are not being treated with respect, in my opinion, and that would raise some serious red flags if it were me.

I had a gentleman come in yesterday and buy a Grandee.  He wanted to know how soon we could deliver it.  I told him we already had 3 deliveries scheduled for today and Monday is a holiday, so we could bring it Tuesday.  He kinda stammered and said "I was just hoping ya'll might be able to bring it next Friday."

No problem!

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

crystal777

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 11:44:51 am »
Yes, I am not happy about all of this! Seems like poor communication not only with us but also between the sales people and the delivery person. Doesnt give me any confidence right now. When I talk to the sales person again I will ask him why he didnt know the hot tub was there. I will also tell him that I am not happy about the lack of communication and going forward I hope this is not what I will be dealing with when a service problem arises.

I just called them again and told them I want it delivered Friday and gave them my cell # so they can get in touch with me on Tuesday. If I dont hear from them by Tuesday morning, I will be calling them again. I hope this is the end of the problems and not the start.

crystal

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 12:10:19 pm »
  Quit calling and go down there in person!!  Get in someones face, you have been more than patient with them.

In some of the salesman's defense they don't always know when a spa comes in, he could have however said, let me check on that for you and I will call you right back.   Now who knows if he would have called you back or not, but it may have changed things?  ::)

I would still get down there instead of relying on a phone call!  

starsky

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2008, 02:04:49 pm »
If you DO have to go down there in order to get this straightened out as Jim suggests, charge them a $20 dollar trip fee. After all, fair is fair.  :D  

Cdn HockeyPuck

• '08 Artesian Platinum Cypress Point'
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 02:38:39 pm »
Our Artesian took 5 weeks from when it was ordered to when it was up and working, I'm surprised that a dealer would sit on stock like this and not get it rushed out and delivered so they can get their money. :-/

I agree, go there is person, it's easier for someone to blow someone off on the phone than if they are standing right in front of them. In the end it will be all worth the wait. I love our Artersian hot tub.  :)
Dave

"The needs of many great soaks out way the needs of a few... or the one."

starsky

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008, 05:52:07 pm »
My Artesian Grand Bahama (AKA Baby) took 3 weeks from order time to delivery. I was told it could be up to 4 weeks depending on the full truck story.

RK23

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2008, 08:13:43 am »
Crystal,

As others have pointed out, it seems odd that they would not want to deliver asap if they now have your tub.  This makes me wonder, do they actually have it???

So as JJ suggests, go down there in person and you can ask to see YOURS as well as get someone to provide some service.  

Either way, don't leave without a delivery date on paper, or your deposit refunded.

Vanguard

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2008, 11:59:44 am »
Ditto to those who say go down there.  Face to face always commands more action.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

crystal777

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2008, 12:52:29 pm »
OK...I think I'm getting somewhere. The delivery guy at Olympia just called and told me he can deliver the hot tub on Tuesday.  Finally!! I will post again and let you know if everything goes well.  

crystal

96SC

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2008, 12:58:51 pm »
Good to hear, someone down at Olympia must read this forum and told the salesfolks you were coming.   >:(

Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2008, 10:01:43 pm »

Crystal,
 When I was looking for a spa I went to Olympia to wet test. I liked the spas but just did not feel right with the sales guy. The couple that were there just seemed to act like I was bothering them. I ended getting a Caldera at Desmonds pool and spas in Palmer

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2008, 10:35:58 am »

When I was looking for a spa I went to Olympia to wet test. I liked the spas but just did not feel right with the sales guy. The couple that were there just seemed to act like I was bothering them. I ended getting a Caldera at Desmonds pool and spas in Palmer

I live in Atown.  Visited Olympia when I was in the market as well.  Don't recall having a negative experience there, but I just preferred a different tub and dealer.  Purchased a Sundance Cameo from Willow Park in Bethlehem.

Today's Tuesday.  How's your spa?  And when's the party?  8-)

crystal777

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2008, 01:14:56 pm »
My husband called and told me they delivered the hot tub today. Only problem is they forgot both the cover butler and the chemicals. Since we live an hour away my husband is going to call them and see if he can get them to have someone drive up here with that stuff. I cant wait to get out of work today to go home and see it.(LOL) Electrician coming tonight to do the final connection.

Hopefully by tomorrow night we will be in our Artesian Antigua!

crystal

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2008, 01:14:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42