What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How Long Must I Wait????  (Read 9281 times)

crystal777

How Long Must I Wait????
« on: August 28, 2008, 04:04:23 pm »
Just wondering how long you have waited for your hot tub to arrive. It has been 5 weeks now. I called the dealer to see if he had any idea, but he doesnt. He said the factory usually waits until they have a full truckload until they ship.

How Long Does This Take???

crystal

Hot Tub Forum

How Long Must I Wait????
« on: August 28, 2008, 04:04:23 pm »

Merlin

• Just here to help.
Re: How Long Must I Wait????
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 04:26:27 pm »
What spa did you purchase?  :-?

Generally spas get delivered from our store in as little as 2 days to 3 weeks.
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 04:30:56 pm »
Just wondering how long you have waited for your hot tub to arrive. It has been 5 weeks now. I called the dealer to see if he had any idea, but he doesnt. He said the factory usually waits until they have a full truckload until they ship.

crystal

Maybe a few dealers can comment but that’s a long time to not even be able to give you a due date let alone get you a spa.  

A truckload isn't necessarily filled for just one dealer; it’s filled for multiple dealers in the general area. After 5 weeks you'd think they'd have enough to ship out a trailer for your area or at least have one scheduled!?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 04:31:47 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 04:31:32 pm »

crystal

What if they don't sell another spa for 5 more weeks?

1.  I would ask for every dime of my money back.

2.  If you REALLY want this tub, insist that they give you a loaner until your spa comes in.

3.  If they are not willing to do 1 or 2, INSIST on #1 as they are not going to be very responsive to you down the road when problems arise.

I wish you Good luck!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 05:14:25 pm »
With us, even if there is not a truckload coming to the East Coast, we can have a tub shipped separately for $150.00 more than we normally pay. Most customers that want their tub in short time have been willing to pay this so they do not have to wait. $150.00 is worth weeks of waiting.

With our new line, Great Lakes, we ordered tubs and they shipped them directly to us, it took less than 2 weeks and the freight pricing was great.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

crystal777

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 05:56:59 pm »
Yeah, when the dealer told me I would have to wait until the truck was full I thought the same thing.....I have to wait for other people to buy a hot tub??? Kind of seems like I'm at the mercy of others now.

I ordered an Artesian Antigua from Olympia Pools in Allentown,PA. Just looked at my order form and at the bottom it says " Deposits Not Refundable". We put a deposit of $700 on it.

crystal

crystal777

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 06:00:31 pm »
Oh, and he did say a full truckload to be delivered to the Northeast. So I'm assuming this meant a truckoad full of hot tubs to be delivered to multiple dealers..not just Olympia.

crystal

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 06:15:01 pm »
Yeah, when the dealer told me I would have to wait until the truck was full I thought the same thing.....I have to wait for other people to buy a hot tub??? Kind of seems like I'm at the mercy of others now.

I ordered an Artesian Antigua from Olympia Pools in Allentown,PA. Just looked at my order form and at the bottom it says " Deposits Not Refundable". We put a deposit of $700 on it.

crystal

Was there anything written on your contract about a delivery date, even something general like "expected delivery in 2-6 weeks"?

I think you need to agree to a date at which you expect the spa in your yard and if they can't meet that date you get a full refund. Any self respecting dealer at this point should be more than agreeable to that.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 06:15:39 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 06:24:08 pm »
I would be very concerned at this point.

Any spa dealer worth a flip will give you a delivery date.  If you don't feel like they will refund your deposit, demand a loaner spa.  If they refuse, then that is a very good sign that they are not worthy of your patronage.

Again, I hope it works out in your favor.

Terminator
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 06:24:24 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

crystal777

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 07:06:50 pm »
Nothing on the order form saying anything about how long for delivery. I did already look for that. I just remember him telling us it should take between 3 - 4 weeks.

Thank you so much for all your replies. I will call them again tomorrow and try to get them to give me a date or a refund is in order.  I will let you know what they tell me.

crystal

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 07:15:32 pm »
So, it takes 5 or more weeks to create a truckload of Artesian spas to go to the northeast?  Guess they are not selling many spas back there.  A truckload is usually a minimum of 12.  I would argue that without a delivery date, even an approximate date, the dealer has not fulfilled their end of the contract.  a contract is supposed to protect both parties.

You could contact the manufacturer yourself.

Good luck!  The waiting is the hardest part.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

crystal777

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 08:05:45 pm »
Interesting!!! I just got off the phone from the Artesian Factory in Las Vegas. The man askd me if I called my dealer. I said I did but they couldnt tell me anything. He asked who the dealer was and when I told him Olympia he just said"Hmm...Really?They couldnt tell you anything? Could you hold on for a minute?" Then he came back and said " I"m sorry I cant tell you more but I  can only tell you this....we dont have an Antigua here for delivery to Olympia. That's all I can tell you, I'm sorry." He was very very nice and it was almost like he was trying to tell me something. Waiting for my husband to get home and then I am going to call Olympia again.

crystal

starsky

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 10:41:05 pm »
When I read the post earlier today I was thinking "I'll bet the dealer dropped the ball" then I thought "No way.. even if he forgot to make the order, when you asked, he would have got on the ball, arranged expedited delivery just to cover his butt " ... but now I'm leaning towards my first initial thought...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 07:51:00 am »
I ordered an Artesian Antigua from Olympia Pools in Allentown,PA.

Ah, Allentown, the last time I was there, it snowed 26" in 24 hours. Around 86 if I remember, were you there then?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

crystal777

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 09:48:08 am »
I've been here all my life. I just remember the blizzard of "96.." Boy was that crazy!

Well, I called the dealer this morning and asked to speak to the manager. Guess what he told me? " Yeah, it's here. We got that in on Wed." I then told him what happened yesterday when I called. I told him the sales guy told me it wasnt shipped yet and I will have to wait until they get a truckload in. I didnt mention to him that I called the Las Vegas Factory. I figured I was going to hold that in my back pocket if he tried to give me a song and dance about them waiting for it to be shipped.

So I told him I want to set up a delivery date but unfortunately the guy that does that was not in....figures huh? So then I asked if he could leave a message for this guy that I want it delivered next Saturday. He told me they dont deliver Saturdays...ugh!! Will I ever get this thing? He told me he will have him call me Tues to set up delivery. So that's it for now I guess. Hopefully will have it by the end of next week.

crystal

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 09:48:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42