What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Econo mode vs. standard mode... the old question  (Read 5074 times)

benalexe

Econo mode vs. standard mode... the old question
« on: August 26, 2008, 07:41:54 am »
My tub has an econo mode.  I am assuming most people have something similar.. The way it works is if I have the temp set and 100 Degrees and the filters running 2 hrs  2 x a day.   If the water goes below 100 degrees the heaters will not come on unless it is within the normal filter time...  The exception to the rule is if the temp goes 20 degrees below the set temp then they will come on.

There seems to be a big debate whether it is more efficient to keep it in standard mode or econ mode.  I know a lot has to do with how often you use the tub.  For example if I use it once a week in the winter it may make more sense to put it on econ mode.  vs. if I am using it 4 times a week.

Just want to get a consensus on what people think about this setting? Do most of you have it? Do you use it Are there "Best Practices" When it comes to econ setting?

Hot Tub Forum

Econo mode vs. standard mode... the old question
« on: August 26, 2008, 07:41:54 am »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Econo mode vs. standard mode... the old questi
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 08:01:20 am »
Benne...I ran my Epic all last winter in economy mode. I set the filtration cycles to come on before our normal soak times and it worked well. The tub was always up to temperature when we were ready to soak. It was an unusually warm winter and I knew to watch my temperature to be sure it didn't drop too much. I had no problems. I think you will have to try and see how much your temperature drops between filtration cycles and if the time that it is filtering is adequate to heat the tub back to the temperature that you want.
I ran my filtration cycles for one hour filtration in the morning and 2 hours in the early evening. I will do this again this year...being careful to watch my temperature if we have a much cooler winter (which I am expecting  :o) I don't know how much electric I saved doing this but I figured that I had to save something.. :)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 07:49:47 pm »
Im going to have to pull out my manuel, I dont even remember what I have mine set to.  I should really read up on things, I could save some money.  With the arctic, I think you pick how many cycles and how long they run, but dont remember forsure

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 07:49:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42