What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Chemical Storage  (Read 3382 times)

jenC

Chemical Storage
« on: August 22, 2008, 03:28:28 pm »
On my chemical bottles it says "Store in a cool dry place" (I use Chlorine and Non-Chlorine Shock - Sani-Chlor and Sani-Shock is I think what they say on the bottles - by Nature's Way?).  But I'm almost positve I've read of tubs that provide chemical storage in the cabinet.. which doesn't seem like a cool dry place.  So which is it?  I would really like to keep my chemicals in my garage but in the summer, it can get a little warm in there (I'm in Illinois).  I assume it's ok to keep them out there in the fall/winter?  Am I safe in the summer too?

Thanks!
Jen

Hot Tub Forum

Chemical Storage
« on: August 22, 2008, 03:28:28 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Chemical Storage
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 04:35:36 pm »
Except for my water test kit and liquid stuff I keep all my pool and spa chemicals in the garage.

I buy pool chlorine by the 50lb load and it lasts for years. My spa chlorine lasts for about a year.

Any liquid stuff is kept either in the basement or the stairs to the basement.

In Canada eh

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 05:01:14 pm »
Jen

Be careful where in the garage you store your chlorine.  Powdered chlorine gives off a oxidizing aura and will attack everything close to the bottle it actually permeates right through the plastic bottle.  If you happen to own a restored 1967 Mustang you do not want to store dichlor near the bumpers, it will cause it to rust prematurely.  I keep ours inside a cabinet in the garage and all my liquid stuff stays in the basement like Vinny said
Bullfrog 451

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 06:17:20 pm »
Jen

Be careful where in the garage you store your chlorine.  Powdered chlorine gives off a oxidizing aura and will attack everything close to the bottle it actually permeates right through the plastic bottle.  If you happen to own a restored 1967 Mustang you do not want to store dichlor near the bumpers, it will cause it to rust prematurely.  I keep ours inside a cabinet in the garage and all my liquid stuff stays in the basement like Vinny said

I thought that was a problem only with trichlor, that's why I didn't mention it. I heard trichlor will even eat up the electrical wires.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 06:17:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42