What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: you light up my life.........  (Read 6026 times)

HeviD

you light up my life.........
« on: August 21, 2008, 12:35:56 am »
Hello fellow soakers!!  I finally joined the ranks and got my H.S. Grandee up and bubble'n a few weeks ago. I purchased it from East Tx Spa in Tyler Texas. They did a great install job and the owner (Randal) took care of a little misunderstanding immediately  :)   I have really enjoyed the late night soaks during this past weeks meteor shower. At one interval, I witnessed dozens of "falling stars", as I live in a low light pollution area (the country!). This wonderfull experienced could have been enhanced if H.S. would have had the foresight to allow customer control of the little blue LED lights under the pillows. I do like them most of the time, but for star gazing, the darker the better. Does anyone have any ideas of how to darken these little devils without hurting the spa???     I do enjoy scanning through this forum. It DID help me in my 2 month long spa search.     Thanks in advance for any and all replys!!      Hevi D  

Hot Tub Forum

you light up my life.........
« on: August 21, 2008, 12:35:56 am »

Mon

Re: you light up my life.........
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 05:46:41 am »
This post is pretty nice! I'd support you 100%!!!

jimmyb

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 07:37:47 am »
Couldn't agree more!  Not only does it take away from total darkness, those pillow lights attract moths, fish flies etc.

In mho this is an opps by hs

New Vista owner

BubbaGump

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 12:53:53 pm »
Hello fellow soakers!!  I finally joined the ranks and got my H.S. Grandee up and bubble'n a few weeks ago. I purchased it from East Tx Spa in Tyler Texas. They did a great install job and the owner (Randal) took care of a little misunderstanding immediately  :)   I have really enjoyed the late night soaks during this past weeks meteor shower. At one interval, I witnessed dozens of "falling stars", as I live in a low light pollution area (the country!). This wonderfull experienced could have been enhanced if H.S. would have had the foresight to allow customer control of the little blue LED lights under the pillows. I do like them most of the time, but for star gazing, the darker the better. Does anyone have any ideas of how to darken these little devils without hurting the spa???     I do enjoy scanning through this forum. It DID help me in my 2 month long spa search.     Thanks in advance for any and all replys!!      Hevi D  

Electrical tape?  Marine Grade paint?  

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 01:27:55 pm »
As an owner of a large Dob, and member of the Ohio Chapter of the Dark Sky association and having vowed to fight for dark skies, lets storm HS HQ!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 01:39:28 pm »
.....lets storm HS HQ!

Bad idea.....

Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 04:04:29 pm »

Bad idea.....

Proud to be Term's straight man.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 07:38:45 pm »
Congratulations HeviD!  Welcome to the family. :)

Call our service department and ask them about the lights.  They can probably come up with something to rectify your dilemma.

Terminator
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 07:42:28 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 08:40:09 pm »
Just turn the tub off!

Vanguard

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 08:57:45 pm »
Just turn the tub off!

I think they're like the little light above the control panel - on all the time unless the power is completely off the tub.

Seems like with all the programming ability the Hot Spring control has, they'd find a way to turn those things off.

Funny, they used to get slammed for not enough lights.  Now they add lights - and they get slammed.   :D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 08:57:57 pm by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

HeviD

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 12:53:04 am »
I didn't intend to "slam" H.S., I just think the customer should be able to control all non-damaging aspects of his purchase. I will call Stephan at East Tx Spa next week and present him with my dilemma.      One thing that really makes me mad..... is why didn't I buy one of these things years ago!!!     Happy soaking !!!

Best regards,

the Heaviest of D

Vanguard

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 12:56:02 pm »
I didn't intend to "slam" H.S., I just think the customer should be able to control all non-damaging aspects of his purchase. I will call Stephan at East Tx Spa next week and present him with my dilemma.      One thing that really makes me mad..... is why didn't I buy one of these things years ago!!!     Happy soaking !!!

Best regards,

the Heaviest of D

Didn't mean that in a bad way.  I agree with you.  Seems like they'd find a way to control the brightness of that light.  I know I'd prefer to have that as well.

Enjoy your spa.  You have a great dealer to work with.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 01:43:01 pm »
I have to say that if they aren't able to be turned off ... really stupid IMO. I would think that they would be controled just like the light inside my tub ... On/Multicolored/OFF since I have the LEDs or On/Off if I didn't ... but it could be just a design flaw, just like them intakes! ;) ;D

If it is really important to soak in the dark then hit the disconnect - same thing as turning the spa off.

Personally, I would find it annoying.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 01:43:26 pm by Vinny »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 01:43:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42