What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anyone missing a hot tub?  (Read 5340 times)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Anyone missing a hot tub?
« on: August 19, 2008, 02:00:52 pm »
Stolen suds and hot tubs recovered
The Brampton Guardian
Friday August 15 2008
PAM DOUGLAS
 BRAMPTON - A beer truck stolen here and found in nearby Georgetown has led police to the arrest of two men and the recovery of $1 million in property.

A Brampton man and a Georgetown man have been charged with multiple counts of theft over $5,000 in connection to stolen trucks and their cargo.

Close to 5,000 cases of beer, a load of hot tubs with accessories, a partial truckload of Goodyear truck tires, some personal hygiene products and non-perishable food have all been recovered, along with two tractor-trailer units and five truck trailers.

Halton Regional Police and the OPP’s Provincial Organized Crime Enforcement Team worked together on the investigation after the stolen beer truck was found in Georgetown Aug. 3.

Last Monday, police found another stolen tractor-trailer backed up to a warehouse loading dock in Georgetown.

Search warrants were executed at two Georgetown warehouses Wednesday, where the stolen goods were discovered, according to police. Police say the stolen goods came from cargo thefts all over the GTA.

“This was a great co-operative effort between a number of units in Halton Regional Police Service and OPP,” said Halton Det. Sgt. Murray Drinkwalter. “It’s an example of what information sharing can do between police services.”

Gurminder Singh Dhaliwal, 31, of Brampton faces six charges of possession of stolen property over $5,000.

Gordon Bolton Fawcett, 38, of Georgetown has been charged with five counts of possession of stolen property over $5,000 and breach of an undertaking.

Both were held for bail hearings scheduled for Monday in Milton.

The investigation is continuing. Anyone with information is asked to call Halton police at 905-878-5511, ext. 2415 or Halton Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

http://www.northpeel.com/news/article/54637
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

Anyone missing a hot tub?
« on: August 19, 2008, 02:00:52 pm »

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
Re: Anyone missing a hot tub?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 03:29:55 pm »
We had three tubs stolen about four years ago, but I highly doubt these are them.

mjb

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 05:05:18 pm »
A few years ago while at All Seasons we were waiting for an enclosed container of around a dozen Sundance Spas. We received a call from the truck driver that his unattended trailer while parked at a truck stop
had the hitch lock cut off and the load was gone.
Ouch !
The dollar loss was in the ten's of thousands.
We had several "sold" spas on that order. With some serious explaining to do to the buyers.

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 05:27:01 pm »
Hmm, just inventoried my house, and GUESS WHAT?  I am missing some beer and a Hot Tub!!!   ;D ;D ;D
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 09:07:57 pm »
A few years ago while at All Seasons we were waiting for an enclosed container of around a dozen Sundance Spas. We received a call from the truck driver that his unattended trailer while parked at a truck stop
had the hitch lock cut off and the load was gone.
Ouch !
The dollar loss was in the ten's of thousands.
We had several "sold" spas on that order. With some serious explaining to do to the buyers.

I assume Sundance knew the serial numbers, I would wonder if they would ever show up on a service request.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

In Canada eh

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 09:18:44 pm »
That happened in Bosco's neighborhood I wonder if he had anything to do with the arrest
Bullfrog 451

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 10:45:08 am »
hmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 11:53:30 am »
So, when do I get my beer and hot tub??? ::)
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Buckeye Gal

• Proud Cameo Owner
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 01:45:23 pm »
I found out that the spas were stolen from Toronto--They must have been planning one great party!!! ;D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 01:48:02 pm »
I found out that the spas were stolen from Toronto--They must have been planning one great party!!! ;D

They probably just waited until everyone was glued to the TV watching the Stanley Cup and then just waltzed up and took what they wanted.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

In Canada eh

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 06:35:31 pm »

They probably just waited until everyone was glued to the TV watching the Stanley Cup and then just waltzed up and took what they wanted.

No Way!!  Even the low life scum suckers stop to watch the Stanley Cup ;D ;D
Bullfrog 451

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 06:56:46 pm »

No Way!!  Even the low life scum suckers stop to watch the Stanley Cup ;D ;D

So you're saying it must have been a bunch of American sports fans that did it???? ;)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 06:57:02 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

In Canada eh

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 07:05:03 pm »
Yep!!!! ;)
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 07:05:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42