What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic Spa Owners  (Read 2536 times)

Too Tense

Arctic Spa Owners
« on: August 17, 2008, 11:39:56 am »
I am considering purchasing a Arctic Summit. Not sure whether to go with the Legend Extreme, or the Legend SE price different is $1600.00.

What I am looking for is any feed back from Arctic owners only no dealers. Please give me your honest feelings about how your spa has performed overall, and if it has lived up too your expectations. Good, Bad, or Indifferent.

Also is spending $1600.00 more really worth the difference between the Extreme vs. SE. I know the warranty doubles on the SE, but if they build the spa with quality components as they say they do is that worth $1600.00 more.  

Thanks ahead of time for any and all information given.

Hot Tub Forum

Arctic Spa Owners
« on: August 17, 2008, 11:39:56 am »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: Arctic Spa Owners
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 12:09:13 pm »
I purchased the sumit when I first bought my arcitc,however, I changed my mind and went with the tundra instead.  I did not like the one corner in the sumit, but that was just me.

As for the decision between the two I would say 1600 is a lot for five extra years, but may be worth it down the road, however, with that said, I would strongly encourage you to read up on the warranty as it is very limited when they say limited warranty.  

so me as an arctic owner, lets see...

I love my tub, theraputic, I dont float, I love the closed seating in the tub, I love the microban shell, never get that crap around the edges.  I love the micropure disposable filters that arctic uses as my water is perfect all the time with little effort.

The jets dont last long, as I have made many replacements over the past 2 years, but apparently they have made a third or fourth brand now that are better.

The cedar skirt is very nice, but will require yearly maitenance if you want to keep it up.

Make sure you get refferals from the dealer that you buy from as I find the service to be garbage down here.  I also found the sales department lied to me when I purchased my tub.

So was it the right decision, yes and no unfortunately.  Great product, crap warranty poor sales and service support.  To me at this point, I would keep looking and only decided on arctic if you are satisfied with a so so warranty.

Good luck from a so so satisfied arctic owner

I guess the question would be, would I buy one again, to be honest, I would more than likely research for a better warranty and customer service driven company.

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 10:03:06 pm »
Too Tense--

Wish I could say I was an Arctic owner==I would love to sit in a Summit to see if hubby would like that better--he didn't like the floor in the Tundra we tested.

Anyhoo, my friend is a Kodiak LE owner, and loves it!!  Her only gripe is the pillows, they fall off too easy.  SHe has had no probs.  However, unlike Bosco, she has excellent dealer support.  That is one of the other reasons I would want an Arctic, the dealer is awesome!!

As far as the $1600 diff., the SE comes standard with Onzen and  Northern Lights Deluxe as well.  The Arctic guys can correct me or add if I am wrong.  SO, I guess it depends on how loaded you want your spa, too.

Good luck.  I think I read somewhere Clearwater was out?...
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 10:03:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42