What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My bleach experiment update ...  (Read 1891 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
My bleach experiment update ...
« on: August 15, 2008, 06:37:56 pm »
My tub came out of warranty in June and I decided to try bleach for any newbies reading this.

So far the experiment has been successful, I know somebody here had tried it with no luck. Although I didn't use bleach all the time I did use it 95% of time; also my tub has had a chlorine lock and keeps chlorine forever. I haven't really used the tub that much since June

This is what I've found: My PH started at 7.8 and has stayed there, I have used MPS a couple of times to shock the water but it continues to stay at that level. I haven't measured my alkalinity but I do know that the rise and fall together (so I would imagine my alkalinity has been a little high too).

I did add calcium to the water to about 200 PPM - nothing would have changed that.

CYA - when I first measured it was around 70 PPM and today it was at 90 PPM. As I said I have used a little dichlor now and then.

The surprising thing is the chlorine lock which doesn't anything to do with the bleach. I can put about 3 PPM in and it stays for days. I even had 2 kids in the tub after being in the pool and it was about 1 PPM. Heck, I even soaked and had 1 PPM left after soaking. It has been there since June and my water has been sparkling clear - this is better than ozone and N2! ::) This has happened to me in the past and I paniced the first time ... it doesn't seem to be hurting anything so I can live with it.

Just wanted to give an update.

Hot Tub Forum

My bleach experiment update ...
« on: August 15, 2008, 06:37:56 pm »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: My bleach experiment update ...
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 01:55:50 am »
Vinny shall forever be known as the mad scientist

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 09:13:46 am »
Vinny shall forever be known as the mad scientist

As far as I'm concerned - math and science RULE! ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 09:13:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42