What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Re: Service & Warranties  (Read 3069 times)

Tranquil

Re: Service & Warranties
« on: August 14, 2008, 04:30:01 pm »
What is the normal form with the Warranty if the dealer that sold it goes out of business. Does the manufacturer continue to honour their warranty obligations. Assume no other dealer takes on the brand.

Hot Tub Forum

« on: August 14, 2008, 04:30:01 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 04:50:59 pm »
What is the normal form with the Warranty if the dealer that sold it goes out of business. Does the manufacturer continue to honour their warranty obligations. Assume no other dealer takes on the brand.

In my case, the dealer stated verbally the right to charge for travel, but never would, and never did, they were true to that.  When they went out of Business, The MFG honored the warranty to the letter by hiring local service contractors (of various quality).
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 06:01:04 pm »
I am assuming that this is in response to Bosco's post.

1) Some of us still do business with a handshake or by word of mouth. Although old fashioned and will not hold up under the court system, believing something will be delivered because it was expressed or implied is something that people come to rely on. Heck, implied outcomes are always in commercials these days.

2) Some manufacturers have a better warranty than others, I will agree to that. Reading a warranty and having the service to back it up are 2 different things. Some people DON'T understand these things ... look at the mortgage mess. Personally I was somewhat satisfied with my warranty coverage but there have been others of my brand or other brands that had issues. My jets broke and Artesian covered them, other people have had to pay for their jets (non Artesian as far as I know).

3) This is BS. A manufacture should stand behing the product they sell 110%. If a dealer fails to uphold the warranty - hold it accountable. The manufacturer should help the owner out and if need be charge the offending dealer. We the consumer may/will not know how many manufacturers a dealer has gone through.

4) WRONG! - I know of at least 3 people on here who have had to have the spa returned to due the problems their spa has had. I can only imagine how many others are out there that we don't know. I will say the possible advantage is the manufacturer will be there to stand behind the product, but if I remember corretly the owner had to pay something because of the swap out.

5) I agree except in the case that the dealer dragged it's feet.

6) I guess this may be a true statement, I couldn't answer this at all. But I will say that if a spa leaks under warranty it should be repaired under warranty.

Pointing out things for the consumer to be aware of is good, pointing the finger at the consumer and saying you should have known better is not. Yes, the written warranty is what binds you but being told "this is how we do business" is what usually makes the sale.

Wet in ChiTown

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 10:54:06 pm »
Please stop whining.  There are NO guarantees in life. Warranties are just a another tactic to help them make a sale....nothing more.

Sometimes you kick....sometimes you get kicked. Deal with it.

Stop blaming everyone, fix the problem and move on.  Poop happens and you just happened to be the one to step in it.

Just my opinion.

Smile...life is fun !!!!
 ;D

Wet in ChiTown

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 10:56:46 pm »
Wrong topic...sorry.

Too Tense

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 04:17:51 pm »
WMCCALL

I back to looking at spas and I was wondering how you liked yours, I believe its a Dynasty. Warranty is very important to me. This will be my first spa and hopefully my last. There is a local dealer in town but seems to be a little fishy.  If the manufacture stands behind there product and makes a quality product that is what is most important.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 04:33:52 pm »
WMCCALL

I back to looking at spas and I was wondering how you liked yours, I believe its a Dynasty. Warranty is very important to me. This will be my first spa and hopefully my last. There is a local dealer in town but seems to be a little fishy.  If the manufacture stands behind there product and makes a quality product that is what is most important.

I’ve heard too many times how it’s tough to get a copy of a Dynasty warranty. I gotta believe it’s because the warranty is prorated.

Ask that dealer two questions:

1) Can I get a copy of the warranty?

2) Is the warranty prorated?

Look for direct answers to both questions.

If the first answer is not "yes, here it is" or "sure, I'll fax it to you" ask why it is not available because there is not excuse for that.

If the answer to the second question is "no" or "I don't know" tell them you're putting their brand on the back burner until you can read about it yourself in their warranty.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Too Tense

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 04:41:52 pm »

I’ve heard too many times how it’s tough to get a copy of a Dynasty warranty. I gotta believe it’s because the warranty is prorated.

Ask that dealer two questions:

1) Can I get a copy of the warranty?

2) Is the warranty prorated?

Look for direct answers to both questions.

If the first answer is not "yes, here it is" or "sure, I'll fax it to you" ask why it is not available because there is not excuse for that.

If the answer to the second question is "no" or "I don't know" tell them you're putting their brand on the back burner until you can read about it yourself in their warranty.

Thanks for the info

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 04:41:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42