What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Other Brands  (Read 7249 times)

Tranquil

Other Brands
« on: August 11, 2008, 11:27:37 am »
Hi again,
Having found a local dealer been out and about today and looked at a D1 spa. That means the three brands I've looked at HS, Sundance and D1 are all FF, and expensive. What other brands are worth looking at that me be a bit better priced and anyone that does TP and is a decent Brand. (Artic do not appear to have a presence in Spain). I would like to see one as a comparison.

Hot Tub Forum

Other Brands
« on: August 11, 2008, 11:27:37 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Other Brands
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 11:35:21 am »
What is your ambient temperature where you live.  Is cost of operation important to you?   Why is FF vs TP an important issue for you? My understanding is all north American hot tubs are expensive in Europe.

If you have to choose between the three you listed, at least they are all good choices.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Water Boy

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 11:37:57 am »
Tranquil,

Looks like there is an Arctic Spa dealer in Madrid, but I am guessing that is about a 5-6 hour drive from you. But, if you are interested in seeing an Arctic Spa, here is a link to their website:

http://www.speedpools.com/artic_spas.htm
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Tranquil

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 11:50:23 am »
Hottub, the temp ranges from 30 deg C (86 ish in your money) in summer to aprox 8 deg C (46) on a winter night. No it's not an issue but I can see both sides of the argument(I have read the dead horse stuff) and would like to see a comparison. I also feel the 3 brands I have looked at are a bit pricey so would like to see if their is something else decent at a better price.
Kimbo, thanks yes it's about 5-6 hours drive but I will have a look and see if they can supply and at what price.

Tranquil

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 12:58:42 pm »
Sorry to repeat myself but have one dealer extolling the quality of QCA Spas, are they any good, their website states  "QCA Spas, Inc., one of the oldest manufacturers of spas in the world, has been an industry leader for 40 years! Our spas hold a reputation for long-term durability, high quality, true-depth construction, innovative features, and ease of use and maintenance." Or as no one has mentioned them do I assume they are not worth considering?

Tom

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 04:34:21 pm »
Or as no one has mentioned them do I assume they are not worth considering?
From their web site, they appear to be a standard TP design, they look okay.  The high-jet-count models seem to use a lot of 'needle jets'.  Probably a decent enough entry-level to mid-level spa and probably suitable for your climate.  But you'll have to examine them, wet test and decide for yourself.

Tranquil

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 05:17:13 pm »
Thanks for that, but I take it no one has any experience of them which is strange given that they claim to be one of the oldest makers out there. Is that dealer in Madrid your only one in Spain and if so do they supply to all of Spain, and is their a problem running your Tubs in our climate here.

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 06:39:41 pm »
Marquis Spas has a distributor bases in Benicasim:

LACUS (Warpe Bath, SL)
Carretera N-340, KM. 985,50
Box 205
12560 BENICASIM (CASTELLON)
Spain
Tel: +34 964 305069
Fax: +34 964 390110
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 06:47:22 pm »
I don't know what it's like in Spain but here in the U.S. a manufacturer can pretty much state anything as long as it doesn't infringe on anybody else.

There are so many advertisements for various "best" products - it boggles the mind.

Don't believe anything you read/hear because advertisements lie. Here in the U.S., the Coca Cola company is running adds that started during the Olympics that indicate they are responsible for world peace ... we all know it's the nuclear bomb that promotes world peace!  ;) ;D ::)

Seriously, take everything you read and hear with some level of doubt. ALL manufactures will brag about how good they are. Hot Springs has their 5 filters - but we all have clean water, Arctic has a walk on cover for Polar Bears - there are none are in my neighborhood, Artesian (my brand) - swears you need 5 motors and pumps for the ultimate therapy and the list goes on. If you feel that QDC is good - for you - and the dealer seems nice and attentive then that may be the brand for you.

That's my $0.02

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 12:51:14 am »
40 years? That would mean they were making spas in......1968? NO WAY, no one was!   ;D

Baja produced and sold the first "portable" spa (6 months before Jacuzzi) and their website says;

" Over 30 years ago, when we invented the first acrylic spa......"
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Tranquil

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 04:45:38 am »
Thanks guys,
Have a look at QCA's " American Website! Going to see a Jaccuzi dealer this morning, but part of a Building Suppliers. What do you do if wet testing is not available. Most dealers, ie the couple I have found with display models do not have many to test if any at all and one would mean doing it in the shop window. I am hoping to try a HS today although not the model I am interested in. This is a real problem here and I do not know what I can do about it.
Any HS dealers like to comment on the Limelight Flair. How is it in terms of build quality, components etc. Honest (if there is such a thing) answers please. Also looking at D1 @Home Venture. Thoughts.
(PS. I put less effort into buying my last car)

Tranquil

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 10:49:36 am »
OK,
Tried the Summit, nice Spa, shame no jets on the lounger for calf muscles. Maybe a little large as most of time probably just me and the Lady, although nice to have room for a few more.
Dealer has 2 1/2 year old ex demo Summit claimed 40% off list. Giving 1 year warranty with it, is this a good deal.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 10:54:10 am »
QCA Spas, Inc., one of the oldest manufacturers of spas in the world, has been an industry leader for 40 years!  
As Doc said, that sounds dubious since the industry isn't even 40 years old. Maybe they are led by two people who’ve each been in the industry for 20 years!?  
;)

In reality we rarely hear about QCA on this website so I doubt you'll get much direct feedback. They're a regional spa maker so maybe someone from their general area has some experience with them.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 10:57:26 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tranquil

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 12:05:03 pm »
Yes I found a business reference to the fact they started as a pool builder in 1966 and gott into hot tubs in the 80's. Think I will give them a miss.
Any HS dealers with a comment on the used Summit.

Water Boy

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 12:36:25 pm »
OK,
Tried the Summit, nice Spa, shame no jets on the lounger for calf muscles. Maybe a little large as most of time probably just me and the Lady, although nice to have room for a few more.
Dealer has 2 1/2 year old ex demo Summit claimed 40% off list. Giving 1 year warranty with it, is this a good deal.

Hi Tranquil,

Glad to hear you looked at an Arctic Spa. The Sumitt though does not come with a lounger. Are you sure it wasn’t the Kodiak, or the Cub? Those both have loungers. Also, Arctic Spas are available in different series, for example the Ultra, Signature, and so on. Depending on which series the tub was that you looked at would tell me if it has back of the leg jets for the calves in the lounger. Some of the entry level Arctic’s in the Prestige and Designer series don't always have the calf jets in them.

That sounds like a pretty good price on the Summit. Its hard to find good used tubs with warranties, so that’s good that it comes with a one year warranty. Also sounds like it really wasn't used, just a demo spa. Hope that answers your questions.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 12:36:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42