What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help  (Read 7262 times)

Tranquil

Help
« on: August 07, 2008, 10:24:36 am »
As a newbie just looking at buying their first hot tub, I am more than confused by the amount of conflicting information around.
I have read a lot of the stuff on here and appreciate the general opinion of buying a reputable manufacturers product and also one that you like. However here in Spain, choice appears a little limited. Also for instance one make available is  Hydro Spa, but from on here I found a reference to Bankruptcy in Oct last year. So are they still an OK company. Who are Thermospas, Hydrospring, Sunbelt. Are they any good. This is a veritable minefield please help.
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Help
« on: August 07, 2008, 10:24:36 am »

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 10:35:51 am »
[glow]Hydrospring[/glow]

I am guessing you mean HotSpring.

As a potential customer myself, I have found that many posters on the forum are dealers, and are very passionate about what they sell.  So, that is most likely why you are confused.  I would like to add, the other half of the posters are owners, and are just as passionate about what they own.  Otherwise, they wouldn't have bought it!!

I would like to ask, what spa manufacturers other that Hydrospa are in your area??

I know we can supply you with links to top manufacturers and you can check websites to see who is available in your area.  
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 10:36:55 am by wewannahottub »
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Tranquil

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 10:39:29 am »
Hi,
No, I know Hot spring are another manufacturer but as yet have not found a local dealer here. The manufacturers I quoted are the ones I have found so far hence the question?

Tranquil

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 10:45:06 am »
I have just found another brand available here Gulf Coast Spas. Are they a decent make.

Tranquil

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 11:55:39 am »
Hi,
I live just outside Malaga, and I here what you say but have only so far found dealers with the brands I mentioned.
Anyone got any experience of Gulf Coast Spas.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 11:58:15 am »
Aquapool Spas in Malaga

http://www.aquapool.es/
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

webboy

• hey bub
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 12:24:59 pm »

MarKee

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 02:14:03 pm »
Marquis Spas in Spain:

LACUS (Warpe Bath, SL)
Carretera N-340, KM. 985,50
Box 205
12560 BENICASIM (CASTELLON)
Spain
Tel: +34 964 305069
Fax: +34 964 390110

http://www.lacuswellness.com/

Tranquil

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 02:44:12 pm »
Thanks Guys, none of those sights came up in any searches.
I would still like to know if Gulf Coast are any good?

MarKee

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 03:12:00 pm »
I would not reccomend Gulf Coast.  The top companies out there are in no order:

HotSpring
Sundande
Jacuzzi
Marquis
Dimension 1
Caldera

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 06:35:11 pm »
Unless you guys know something's up, except for Markee why are you giving the person crappy spas to look at?

Thesre's also Beachcomber, Arctic, Artesian and a few others.

Tranquil

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2008, 11:46:07 am »
Ok, the plot thickens. The only tubs I have been able to see locally so far are Sundance (start at about €10,000)and (thanks East Tx for link) Watkins, (Hot Springs, River range and new Limelight). Nice range of Tubs but all a bit expensive, so far most appealing is possibly the Limelight flair at €10,900 just for tub and cover (aprox 16,500 dollars,) which seems a bit steep.  Another dealer is doing QCA and Lesisure Bay what are these brands like, as involves a bit of a drive to view. Thanks to Markee for the link but dealer is about 5 hours away and I am waiting for Marquis to respond if there is one nearer. Also waiting to find out if Jacuzzi have anyone local. Any other decent brands that are a bit less expensive than HS. Oh, forgot to mention looking for one with decent massage for thighs and calves as broke my back a couple of years ago and been left with some spinal cord damage which effects those muscles. So this is not just a fun purchase. Any help appreciated. (Interestingly I have already experienced both sides of the Full foam versus non Full foam argument).  

BubbaGump

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2008, 03:25:17 pm »
"""Lesisure Bay"""

Run from Leisure Bay, RUN...  

A buddy of mine, that shall remain nameless, used to work there when he was caught up in layoffs.  Says that they are junk, cheap junk.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2008, 03:38:00 pm »
Ok, the plot thickens. The only tubs I have been able to see locally so far are Sundance (start at about €10,000)and (thanks East Tx for link) Watkins, (Hot Springs, River range and new Limelight). Nice range of Tubs but all a bit expensive, so far most appealing is possibly the Limelight flair at €10,900 just for tub and cover (aprox 16,500 dollars,) which seems a bit steep.  Another dealer is doing QCA and Lesisure Bay what are these brands like, as involves a bit of a drive to view. Thanks to Markee for the link but dealer is about 5 hours away and I am waiting for Marquis to respond if there is one nearer. Also waiting to find out if Jacuzzi have anyone local. Any other decent brands that are a bit less expensive than HS. Oh, forgot to mention looking for one with decent massage for thighs and calves as broke my back a couple of years ago and been left with some spinal cord damage which effects those muscles. So this is not just a fun purchase. Any help appreciated. (Interestingly I have already experienced both sides of the Full foam versus non Full foam argument).  

Here in the States the better brands are somewhat more expensive. They put out secondary lines - Watkins has the Limelight, Sundance has the 700 series and Artesian has the Island series and they are good as well.

Good luck in your search.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2008, 07:30:51 pm »
I would not reccomend Gulf Coast.  The top companies out there are in no order:

HotSpring
Sundande
Jacuzzi
Marquis
Dimension 1
Caldera

I'd agree with the list above as being some of the best made spas around. Spas from Thermospas, Sunbelt and Gulf Coast are definitely not up there in quality. If you buy a well made spa it'll last you 11, 15, 18 ... years. Some people skimp on quality to save $$ up front but regret it later. I'm not saying you have to buy the most expensive spa you see, just be careful that you're not compromising quality because you get one chance to get it right.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2008, 07:30:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42