What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: up up up  (Read 2665 times)

benalexe

up up up
« on: July 31, 2008, 11:09:24 pm »
Just got my Long Island power bill. On it there is a comparison graph.  Last year I used 3.55 KWH.  This year 4.430.  Can't wait to see the winter bill if I keep it open.

Hot Tub Forum

up up up
« on: July 31, 2008, 11:09:24 pm »

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
Re: up up up
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 11:16:11 pm »
Ben-

We were just having a discussion about electric bills with our neighbor--about how our local power company does more "estimating" than meter reading, and I often wonder how many times we get screwed!!!

How about your electric company??
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

benalexe

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 11:18:40 pm »
They only read it every other month but they adjust it when they trad it.

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 11:29:37 pm »
I have seen 2 or 3 months go by without a reading.  I believe it is supposed to be every other month.   >:(
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

sonofsail

• Hi Y'all
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 11:49:05 pm »
Our electric company just installed meters that can be read remotely, I believe by emitting a signal that is picked up by a tower somewhere.
"Growing older but not up..."

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 02:36:16 am »
Just got my Long Island power bill. On it there is a comparison graph.  Last year I used 3.55 KWH.  This year 4.430.  Can't wait to see the winter bill if I keep it open.

Benalexe, are you sure you have your figures correct? I used over 1,200 Kwh's last month.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 09:48:59 am »
He's probably comparing daily usage.
You also have to account for air condition...so look at the average temperature and if it has been much hotter, then it could be another reason since you might be using the AC more. I know I have used my AC more this summer than last (but it is because my dog is getting older and can't take the heat anymore)

OK, Benny, I am going to give you the save your electric rant again... :o

Look around for anything else that is wasting electric..do you or your kids leave lights on when no one is in the room? How about the TV?
There are plenty of resources to tell you how to save energy. If you save in other ways, you won't mind spending that to heat your tub this winter.. ::)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 11:42:10 pm »
Yes, I agree with Bonibelle. Benny, the best time to tub is in the winter. I justified the expense by not going out to dinner once per month during the winter. You'll love it.....
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 11:42:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42