What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS Warranty Question  (Read 6321 times)

Webini

HS Warranty Question
« on: July 22, 2008, 07:56:05 pm »
I just had to have a part replaced on my 2 year old Jetsetter.  The invoice reads "Ozone Check Valve,7-1140-01".  Why isn't this covered in the 5 year component warranty?  I'm getting charged $12.15 for the part and $135.00 for the labor.  This is in addition to a trip fee of $35 (no problem with this, disclosed and paid up front).

I'm being told this is a non-warranty part.  The ozone is factory installed.

Any HS dealers confirm or deny?

Hot Tub Forum

HS Warranty Question
« on: July 22, 2008, 07:56:05 pm »

Mr._Bubbles

• Tiger River Bengal-HP
Re: HS Warranty Question
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 08:16:02 pm »
Got to love the $12 part and $170 to install. I would like to hear from the dealers too.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 08:26:46 pm by Mr._Bubbles »
It's all about da bubbles!

In Canada eh

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 08:32:05 pm »
Hmmmm. :-?

Bullfrog replaced the check valve on our ozone generator free of charge, the tech also replaced the ozone generator because it "may" have got water in it.
Bullfrog 451

Chris_H

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 09:31:22 am »
Ozone has a 1 year warranty.

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 12:59:11 pm »
Yes the ozone has a one year warranty but $135 for labor on a 2 1/2 minute instll is freaking ridiculous.
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 01:30:42 pm »
Yes the ozone has a one year warranty but $135 for labor on a 2 1/2 minute instll is freaking ridiculous.

Replacing an ozone check valve is quick and easy though maybe it took some time to find that this was the problem. It sounds like you may have been charged a full hour and that's where I would start a conversation if you dispute it. Out of warranty labor is not cheap but I'd might ask if they'll reduce it to a 1/2 hour minimum charge, not a full hour charge. Also, if it happens again ask for the ozone check valve and replace it yourself. If you can open a can of beans you can change an ozone check valve.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 04:17:54 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 02:18:34 pm »
 Id say you should start leaning a little something about your spa, for when the warranty is gone.  Might save yourself some time and money, specially for small easy to fix type stuff.  Just a thought!

Chris_H

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 02:53:33 pm »
I remember this one time that I had Sears come out and fix my washer.  The part was 2 bucks and the total bill was over $200.  I guess that is life when you have someone come out and fix something.  

Mr._Bubbles

• Tiger River Bengal-HP
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 02:57:04 pm »
I’m sure the dealer did not emphasize that some parts are not under the 5 year warranty.::)  I know, buyer beware, but come on!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 02:57:35 pm by Mr._Bubbles »
It's all about da bubbles!

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 03:22:29 pm »
I just had to have a part replaced on my 2 year old Jetsetter.  The invoice reads "Ozone Check Valve,7-1140-01".  Why isn't this covered in the 5 year component warranty?  I'm getting charged $12.15 for the part and $135.00 for the labor.  This is in addition to a trip fee of $35 (no problem with this, disclosed and paid up front).

I'm being told this is a non-warranty part.  The ozone is factory installed.

Any HS dealers confirm or deny?

That reason is why it is far too expensive. I don't know how someone can charge $135 an hour for labor on a spa...let alone a check valve??
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 03:46:05 pm »
Some of the companies further south of us get $110.00-150.00 an hour for service calls with a 1 hour minimum. I can't in this area.

But bearing in mind, what do the auto repair people get in your area. You figure you pay that and have to bring the car to them. They don't have to insure a vehicle and staff to come to your home.

But all said, that was a very exspensive check valve replacement.

Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 04:16:43 pm »
Some of the companies further south of us get $110.00-150.00 an hour for service calls with a 1 hour minimum.

Exactly, it sounds like there is a 1 hr minimum charge.

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 05:32:57 pm »
That dealer could have easily just taken the time to explain to you how to do it. Thats what we do in our store because it's a little unfair to the customer to be charged that for a simple DIY job. but thats just how we do business.  :)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 05:35:01 pm »
Some of the companies further south of us get $110.00-150.00 an hour for service calls with a 1 hour minimum. I can't in this area.

HOLY CRAP! Why was I in sales all of those years!  :o  Stupid me!

But bearing in mind, what do the auto repair people get in your area. You figure you pay that and have to bring the car to them. They don't have to insure a vehicle and staff to come to your home.

I hear ya but hot tub service techs don't require the amount of training nor the amount of technical know-how required to work on a new car. They also don't invest in schooling usually nor have made the financial commitment auto mechanics have. Opened up your hood recently? Scary!

They don't "work" on the pumps or the boards as those usually are sent out or just replaced. HEY...I've even done some service work on spas over the years so what does THAT say??!!  ;)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 05:36:09 pm »

HOLY CRAP! Why was I in sales all of those years?  :o  Stupid me!

You answered your own question!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 05:36:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42