What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS Warranty Question  (Read 6319 times)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: HS Warranty Question
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 08:24:59 pm »
lol... Just helping you out by preventing you from stooping that low to say so by actually typing it! ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 08:24:59 pm »

Tailhooker

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2008, 08:42:07 pm »
Too bad you can't figure out the problem with out them coming out for $135, then by that time whats another $12 to make him fix it.

Mr._Bubbles

• Tiger River Bengal-HP
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2008, 10:26:40 pm »
That dealer could have easily just taken the time to explain to you how to do it. Thats what we do in our store because it's a little unfair to the customer to be charged that for a simple DIY job. but thats just how we do business.  :)

That’s great to hear! 8-) To bad some dealers don’t realize that’s going to make you more money in the long run.   You treat me right, in return I’m going be loyal customer.

It's all about da bubbles!

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008, 01:31:11 pm »

I hear ya but hot tub service techs don't require the amount of training nor the amount of technical know-how required to work on a new car. They also don't invest in schooling usually nor have made the financial commitment auto mechanics have.

They don't "work" on the pumps or the boards as those usually are sent out or just replaced.

Not all service companies work that way. We have been told that several states and the NPSA are going to try to make it mandatory that you are certified to work on spas. Our techs have gone through classes before they touch a spa and we very much work on parts. Many of us(spa techs) are not "parts replacers" we will only fix what you need. Why buy a new pump if it needs seals, wet end, start capasitor ect?

Talking customers through it is pretty standard for us also, but did she diagnosis her issue or did he have to go out there anyway? If he was there and charging a fee anyway, might as well have him put it in.

As for mechanics and cars, I won't go to far there, but lets say the ASE certification certifies them to be parts replacers. We have a terrible time trying to find a mechanic that can actually diagnosis a problem in this area, just keep replacing stuff till they find the issue....except on my hyundai....great mechanics there. To bad they wont work on my Dodge or Jeep!
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Webini

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2008, 09:04:47 pm »
Well just to close the loop the dealer waived the $135 labor charge due to the fact nothing was explained to me.  I just paid the $35 trip charge and the $12+ for the part.  No problem at all.

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2008, 01:28:57 pm »
Well just to close the loop the dealer waived the $135 labor charge due to the fact nothing was explained to me.  I just paid the $35 trip charge and the $12+ for the part.  No problem at all.

Nice! Glad we could help.  :)
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2008, 06:59:57 pm »

Thumbs up to your dealer.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tailhooker

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2008, 11:34:25 am »
That dealer just got a thumb's up in my book :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2008, 11:34:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42