What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Service is the key to a good spa purchase  (Read 1776 times)

Calypso

Service is the key to a good spa purchase
« on: July 23, 2008, 09:04:26 pm »
When we bought our tub we were also looking for service which we knew would be unavailable from a big box store and we did not get good service vibes from some of the spa stores we visited.

The owner of the store we purchased the tub from worked at the factory and moved out to start a satellite store so he definately knew the spas. When we bought the tub he came out after it was delivered and made sure the chemicals were added correctly and to see if we had any questions. Great service!

We recently had a very minor leak of about 1 litre per day and contacted him. He was quick with the service call and fixed it while we were both at work and now the the problem is solved. He emailed me and said it was from the hose bib for tub drainage. I hope it was from the tub end as I checked the pump compartment and did not notice anything. If it was from the valve end in the pump compartment then it is finally time for glasses.

We might have paid more for this tub than for some of the others we looked at, but what good is your tub if it does not work and you can not get it serviced under warranty in a short period of time.

Kudos to the dealer we bought the tub from.
2007 Pacific Calypso

Hot Tub Forum

Service is the key to a good spa purchase
« on: July 23, 2008, 09:04:26 pm »

Summitman

Re: Service is the key to a good spa purchase
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 09:40:09 pm »
When we bought our tub we were also looking for service which we knew would be unavailable from a big box store and we did not get good service vibes from some of the spa stores we visited.

The owner of the store we purchased the tub from worked at the factory and moved out to start a satellite store so he definately knew the spas. When we bought the tub he came out after it was delivered and made sure the chemicals were added correctly and to see if we had any questions. Great service!

We recently had a very minor leak of about 1 litre per day and contacted him. He was quick with the service call and fixed it while we were both at work and now the the problem is solved. He emailed me and said it was from the hose bib for tub drainage. I hope it was from the tub end as I checked the pump compartment and did not notice anything. If it was from the valve end in the pump compartment then it is finally time for glasses.

We might have paid more for this tub than for some of the others we looked at, but what good is your tub if it does not work and you can not get it serviced under warranty in a short period of time.

Kudos to the dealer we bought the tub from.

Great story, for all the bad stories that we all hear their are many great stories about excellent dealers!  I wish all dealers operated this way, all of us would have many more leads to sell to if this were the case.  Congrats on choosing a great dealer to provide service to your spa!

Tailhooker

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 09:38:46 pm »
We can all only hope that we get that kind of service when we get our tubs.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 09:38:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42