What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: cross border shopping  (Read 2333 times)

Calypso

cross border shopping
« on: July 25, 2008, 12:59:32 pm »
Now that Jacuzzi Jim has said he is just across the border in Bellingham it has got me thinking. Has anyone in the States sold to someone in Canada or vice versa. Is there any issues for service/warranty as the service guys have to wait at the border.

Some friends of our are interested in a tub too so maybe we should tell them to check across the border too.

This may also be relevant to an Ontario/Michigan situation
2007 Pacific Calypso

Hot Tub Forum

cross border shopping
« on: July 25, 2008, 12:59:32 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: cross border shopping
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 01:05:41 pm »
 We sold one to a guy just across from Sumas,went pretty smooth.  If I had to do it over we would just meet the customer at the border and drive across with him and let him pay the PST/GST?    Instead of using a broker what a pain in the arse that was.

I have quite a few call down to check pricing and were not that far below the guys up North, I dont know if they dropped their prices or what??

Service wise can be a hassle either way,but it can be done on a low key type way.   I would probably do it myself then send a tech at 20+ an hour.  

mjb

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 01:44:27 pm »
This wasn't exactly a cross border sale, however
when I was at All Seasons in Columbus we had
a local architect buy a Sundance Maxxus and
here is where it was delivered.

www.sapphirebreeze.com

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 02:29:55 pm »
Years ago we shipped one to France.  2 Grandee deal; one went to Napa CA, one to France.  This was before Hot Spring had a well developed International program, Rick!
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 03:27:06 pm »
Back when I was in Field Service we had a customer in Ontario outside of Toronto. They wanted to tax everything including our tools.   The company ended up buying an oscilliscope and keeping it there for American Techs who showed up. We took all the spare parts we needed and labeled them as "demos"  We just made sure to bring the old "demos" back with us.  This was 20 years ago, so probably not relevant.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 03:27:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42