What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need imput... Grandee or Maxxus????  (Read 2407 times)

HeviD

Need imput... Grandee or Maxxus????
« on: July 23, 2008, 05:59:59 pm »
Hey to everyone. You got the Forrest Gump of hot tubs here. I have been racking my brain for a month researching hot tubs. I am trying to make an educated purchase of a hot tub. After much teeth grinding, I have narrowed it down to the H.S. Grandee and the Sundance Maxxus. I am a rather large fellow (hence the handle) so I need some room. As y'all know, they are not cheap, so I want the most bang for my buck, in both preformance and reliability. Both dealers have great reputations, so thats a wash.  Any input will be appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Need imput... Grandee or Maxxus????
« on: July 23, 2008, 05:59:59 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Need imput... Grandee or Maxxus????
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 07:08:44 pm »
 Tough call you would be fine with either!!   I would be leaning towards the Grandee, while the Maxxus is large its almost to big for my taste!  

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 07:09:37 pm »
Hey to everyone. You got the Forrest Gump of hot tubs here. I have been racking my brain for a month researching hot tubs. I am trying to make an educated purchase of a hot tub. After much teeth grinding, I have narrowed it down to the H.S. Grandee and the Sundance Maxxus. I am a rather large fellow (hence the handle) so I need some room. As y'all know, they are not cheap, so I want the most bang for my buck, in both preformance and reliability. Both dealers have great reputations, so thats a wash.  Any input will be appreciated.

You failed to tell us one important thing. Have you wet tested? I would expect that to tell you a lot about which of these is better for you because while these are two very big tubs they are very different in their layout.

The Maxxus has more defined seating which some prefer (though if you are big that may seem a bit confining) whereas the Grande is more barrier free which others prefer. The Maxxus is a little bigger and deeper though the Grandee is obviously large and deep itself. Another obvious difference is the Maxxus has a lounge and the Grandee doesn't. Do you want a lounge? Will you fit in a lounge well? Wet testing is key but its especially important IMO if a lounge is involved because if it doesn't work for you that's a good % of the spa taken up as the Maxxus is basically a 4 person spa to start with.

Both are quality made spas with proponents of each. You already said both dealers are good and both are premium spas that will cost you a pretty pennty so its not like one will save you big $$ over the other. There is no right or wrong here, only what is right FOR YOU. If you haven't done so already, call up both dealers and schedule a wet test.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 07:10:55 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 07:39:13 pm »

You failed to tell us one important thing. Have you wet tested? I would expect that to tell you a lot about which of these is better for you because while these are two very big tubs they are very different in their layout.

The Maxxus has more defined seating which some prefer (though if you are big that may seem a bit confining) whereas the Grande is more barrier free which others prefer. The Maxxus is a little bigger and deeper though the Grandee is obviously large and deep itself. Another obvious difference is the Maxxus has a lounge and the Grandee doesn't. Do you want a lounge? Will you fit in a lounge well? Wet testing is key but its especially important IMO if a lounge is involved because if it doesn't work for you that's a good % of the spa taken up as the Maxxus is basically a 4 person spa to start with.

Both are quality made spas with proponents of each. You already said both dealers are good and both are premium spas that will cost you a pretty pennty so its not like one will save you big $$ over the other. There is no right or wrong here, only what is right FOR YOU. If you haven't done so already, call up both dealers and schedule a wet test.

What he said.

also, is anyone else going to be using it and/or involved in purchasing decision?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Tailhooker

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 07:48:06 pm »
I would wet test I went in to the similar situation with the Sundance being my favorite and I left the wet test with the Hot Spring in the lead.  The Sundance lounger is bigger than the Hot Spring lounger in length.

stevewhosau

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 08:13:34 pm »
Hevi, I am a new owner of a Maxxus. We could not find a wet test of that model but luckily everything about it we love. I'm 6'2" and wider than I wish I was but the Maxxus eats me up size-wise with no problem.

I agree with the earlier question, how many people will be in the tub? We have four regularly and love the space between each seat. If you would regularly have two, I would recommend something smaller; even by body size (this thing is huge). To be honest, we did not want a lounger and specifically asked to see models without them but we love the lounger in our tub.

BTW, welcome to the forums!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 08:14:46 pm by trippn »

fdegree

• 2007 Sundance Optima
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 08:13:51 pm »

When we were evaluating tubs last year, we also narrowed it down to Hot Springs and Sundance.  As others have already suggested, wet test...wet test...wet test.

When we wet tested both tubs on the same day, it became a very easy decision.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 08:13:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42