What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Major ishue with Caldera circulation system  (Read 5518 times)

Deltanex

Major ishue with Caldera circulation system
« on: July 12, 2008, 05:56:51 am »
Hi all,

Only one week ago our new Caldera Tahitian was installed in our backyard. It worked perfectly except for the fact that the automatic light did not turn off after 6 hours. After talking with our dealer we removed the power for about a hour. After turning the power back on i noticed that the temp light on the main control unit was flashing. After priming it still was flashing and i noticed that i could not hear faint buzing of the circulation system. After checking the ciculation jet i became a bit sad. No flow.... After checking the filter prinimg with and without it time and time agein while talking to the dealer and not getting anywhere i gave up.

Has anyone had the same problem and can anyone give me sam pointers to what ik can do myself to get it up and running again or is it realy neccesary that a technician needs to look at it?

Regards,

Alexander

Hot Tub Forum

Major ishue with Caldera circulation system
« on: July 12, 2008, 05:56:51 am »

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
Re: Major ishue with Caldera circulation system
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 10:40:47 am »
Are there gate valves that are possibly closed? Is the circ pump even trying to come on and move water?
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 03:10:23 pm »
I would call your dealer. This happened once before with a customer of ours and the tech  just burped the circ pump and it was fine.
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

Deltanex

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 10:24:45 am »
Thanks

I think it could be the perssure valve.

Anyhoe i will let the Caldera dealer deal with it.

A mailfunction like this within 10 days off installation is not very good for our trust in the relyability.

Did anyone have an experiance like this?

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 12:36:03 pm »

A mailfunction like this within 10 days off installation is not very good for our trust in the relyability.

Malfunctions early in the install are probably more common than any other time in ownership.  Shipping and just the fact that the components haven't been in use other than a test would dictate this.  Caldera is a fine company.  I would not worry about reliability or trust.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 08:52:15 am »
I've had my Caldera Geneva for over a year now, and except for me screwing up the chems, the tub has been great.   I wouldn't worry too much about a hiccup that occurs durring installation. While such things can be annoying,  I wouldn't  consider it a refletion on the quality of the tub.

Enjoy
07 Caldera Geneva

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 07:20:46 pm »

Malfunctions early in the install are probably more common than any other time in ownership.  Shipping and just the fact that the components haven't been in use other than a test would dictate this.  

This is 100% accurate if the manufacture makes a mistake you will know very soon not years down the road. That is the whole purpose of the warranty.

Most problems in the first year are manufactures defects after that it is mostly the consumers fault.

I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

rphman

• Caldera Moorea 07
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 09:16:33 pm »
I had a problem with my Caldera Moorea. From a month after delivery jet pump 2 would not come back on after running for an hour or so then resting.  the tech was out a couple of times and could not get it to quit, they told me not to worry about it that they would make good. After 6 months it was down to 15 minutes running then after about 10 minutes of rest it would not start, the tech came out and verified it, and replaced both the jet pump 2 motor and pump with new units! I figured a rebuilt motor but he told me  he could only use new parts and that if the pump was replaced a new pump was also to be replaced. Love my Moorea and my dealer!!!!!!!!!!!

Deltanex

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 01:52:41 am »
The technician was just here and had a new circ pump. Nice color i sad. blue. The one that gave up was black. after removing it we noticed that the new pump did not fit. After clling Watkins in Belgium he told me to send a picture because the new one was supposed to be the only model.

I am not amused. and even a bit disappointed. Is it that difficult to do something right in this world?

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 03:41:59 pm »
So they sent you the"old silent flow 5000 circulating pump" and not the new smaller one? hmmmm...sounds like the dealer had a old circ pump in stock and they were thinking you had that same style. that happened to us when we first saw them using the new circ pumps. They should order the new correct circ pump asap and get that installed in place of the blue one. note: the "blue one" is describing the replacement which in fact is the old style Caldera circ pump.
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 03:41:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42