What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Maintaining and Protecting Spa Cover  (Read 2763 times)

Guelphgirl

Maintaining and Protecting Spa Cover
« on: July 19, 2008, 12:26:05 pm »
Wondering what is the best way to maintain and protect my vinyl spa cover.

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Maintaining and Protecting Spa Cover
« on: July 19, 2008, 12:26:05 pm »

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
Re: Maintaining and Protecting Spa Cover
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 01:27:38 pm »
Spa Blanket will protect bottom side from ozone and chemicals. 303 Spray is the best for the top (IMO) Don't use Aromorall or anything that has petrolium products in them because it will actually break down the vinyal.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Webini

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 01:40:07 pm »
Agreed.  303 Vinyl Protector is the only way to go.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 02:01:16 pm »
I do what HillBilly said. Spa blanket and 303. It looks brand new, oh wait it is brand new.....
Scott  ;D
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 05:04:53 pm »
You are going to have to clean the spa cover every so often. I use a bleach and dish detergent mixture on the outside and scrub it with a deck brush, then use 303. I just tried a power washer on it and it came out squeaky clean, once it dries I'll put the 303 on it.

For the inside you need to use either the chlorinated water that you shock with and a rag, bleach and water with a rag or a bleach impregnated wipe to clean and kill the mold/bacteria that may be growing. Some people have put 303 on the inside as well.

The inside will get growths on it and may start to smell after a while.

Elmo

• Optima 2008
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 11:47:16 pm »
We've only had the tub (sundance optima) for 3 weeks and the inside of the cover already has tiny spots of mold on it.  Is this normal?  Would a spa blanket help?  Any other ideas on how to stop it or at least slow it down?

Any recommendations on what type (brand) of spa blanket to get or where to order it online?  I've seen a few different ones.  Looks like closed cell foam would be the best.

Thanks!

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 12:30:36 am »
We've only had the tub (sundance optima) for 3 weeks and the inside of the cover already has tiny spots of mold on it.  Is this normal?  Would a spa blanket help?  Any other ideas on how to stop it or at least slow it down?

Any recommendations on what type (brand) of spa blanket to get or where to order it online?  I've seen a few different ones.  Looks like closed cell foam would be the best.

Thanks!
Put a 50% mixture of Clorox and water and wipe the inside of the cover off. I bought my spa blanket from Dr. Spa on this forum. He has a website:

http://www.rhtubs.com/store/float.htm#therm

I bought the foam blanket and not the bubble blanket.

Scott  8-)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 12:30:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42