What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: spa sitting for 4 months in garage...  (Read 2558 times)

TrikkeAddict

• 2005 Sundance Cameo
spa sitting for 4 months in garage...
« on: July 22, 2008, 08:43:04 am »
I thought most of the water was out of it - in fact, when it was moved they had to turn it on its side and I know the water came gushing out.   Well, took all the junk off it last night and opened the cover and was shocked to see water not only in the bottom, but on the seats.  Whew, what a stink!!!!

It's being moved today to the concrete slab but the electric won't be hooked up probably until Thursday.  Is there anything I can do without electricity to try to clean the spa.  They do have to turn it on it's side to get it into the yard so I'm assuming that most of the water sitting there will be dumped.  If I put some dichlor in the remaining water will that do anything???

Thanks,
Susan
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 09:02:21 am by TrikkeAddict »

Hot Tub Forum

spa sitting for 4 months in garage...
« on: July 22, 2008, 08:43:04 am »

Mr._Bubbles

• Tiger River Bengal-HP
Re: spa sitting for 4 months in garage...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 09:21:51 am »
I’m not sure what you can do until you get it all set-up.  Maybe vacuum out the jets to get the last bit of water out. You could also wipe everything thing with a solution chlorine or bleach.  When you get it set-up use a jet cleaner and do a strong chlorine shock. I would then drain and refill.
It's all about da bubbles!

TrikkeAddict

• 2005 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 09:57:55 am »
Thank you!!!   That's about all I thought I could do - I'll try to at least clean the water out, if it doesn't get dumped out.  Will have to buy some jet cleaner (swirl-away??) and be ready when my husband gets the power to it.  If it doesn't rain when he comes home, I'm thinking I can convince him to connect it tonight.  All he has to do is connect the wires to the disconnect and then to the tub.  We have the wires from our last house so it should be simple (if he can find the connectors somewhere in the garage!!!)

Will definitely drain and refill after cleaning and dosing heavily with dichlor - will drain through the hose that I plan to refill with to make sure the inside of the hose is sanitized too!!!  Guess it's going to be several days yet before I'll be soaking.

Is there any length of time you recommend that I keep the jet cleaner and heavy dose of dichor in the tub, circulating, before I drain and refill.  I was thinking a couple of days at least to make sure I kill anything in the pipes.

Thanks again!!!

Susan

Mr._Bubbles

• Tiger River Bengal-HP
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 10:54:32 am »
A have never personally used swirl-away, I’m sure someone here will give some suggestions. It sounds like you are doing everything right.  Enjoy! 8-)
It's all about da bubbles!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 10:54:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42