What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Comments? Total gimick?  (Read 2822 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Comments? Total gimick?
« on: July 20, 2008, 10:22:30 am »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Comments? Total gimick?
« on: July 20, 2008, 10:22:30 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Comments? Total gimick?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 11:33:19 am »
It probably is a gimmick. We have car dealers here in NJ and they give the same type of gimmick.

The problem I see is how do we, the consumer prove all that - we can't! The only way to prove it IMO is to buy the tubs, at that point what do you do?

I guess they may be hurting a lot and this is a way to drum up business to hold off the inevitable.

104 degrees

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 06:28:10 pm »
First you need to Define----- Stonger-------- ;)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 07:37:22 am »
First you need to Define----- Stonger-------- ;)

I haven't been to the website to figure out all the factors. I did stop in there Sunday to get chemicals.  If on the cheaper to use category they are including assumed repairs, they claim their simplistic control box cost far less than a competitors. They may have factored a replacement in that cost.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chubby Johnson

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 09:39:22 pm »
It's all subjective criteria that would take a controlled study to prove/disprove.

I have seen Royal Spas and they are well built. The shell has a ton of fiberglass stacked on it. They remind me of Arctic in that they look heavy duty.  Royal has got to be one of the easiest tubs to service because of the way they insulate.  There can be little argument that it is far easier to remove a hanging bag of fiberglass insulation than it is to dig through 2 lb. foam. Probably a lot less messy too.

The hardest part or the Royal challenge would be to compare to other tubs in terms of energy consumption.  

Royal makes it sound like any Joe DIY can buy Royal topside control parts at the local Radio Shack.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 09:39:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42