What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Problems with chemicals  (Read 2106 times)

johnhbrown34

Problems with chemicals
« on: July 21, 2008, 03:17:09 pm »
I just purchased a Sundance Hawthorne spa and I am having trouble with regulating the chemicals. There are bubbles everywhere when I turn the jets on full speed. The Ph and ALk are off but when I add the chemicals, nothing seems to happen. Any suggestions, I have tried everything but take the water to a dealer which I will do sometime this week. How often should circluation system come on daily. I believe the factory setting is twice every 24 hour peroid. I tried th chemicals by Leisure time but have found them to be ineffective.

Hot Tub Forum

Problems with chemicals
« on: July 21, 2008, 03:17:09 pm »

In Canada eh

Re: Problems with chemicals
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 04:25:50 pm »
John,

Adjust your Alk first somewhere between 100 and 120 ppm then check your pH and adjust if necessary. Make your adjustment wait a couple of hours and retest.  Once Alk and pH are in line shock your tub with MPS (chlorine free shock),  this should cut down the foam issue you are having.  Take your time, it doesnt happen in 15 minutes.  

Our tub circulated 2 time a day for 2 hours each time so the factory setting from Sundance seems about right.
Bullfrog 451

Mr._Bubbles

• Tiger River Bengal-HP
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 04:48:21 pm »
When was the last time you drained the spa?  Sound like some type of soap or deodorant build up.  As Canada said, do a good shock, then run the filter for a while.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 04:50:05 pm by Mr._Bubbles »
It's all about da bubbles!

johnhbrown34

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 05:02:07 pm »
I failed to mentioned that the spas is only a couple weeks old and the circulation system runs 1/2 hour each time twice a day. As far as chemicals, are products for c hardness, bromine, alk and ph the same for a spa as it is for a pool? What are considered good brands of chemicals?

In Canada eh

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 05:10:27 pm »
John,

In my opinion that is not enough circulation, should be about 2 hours each cycle.  For the most part pool and spa chems are interchangeable, the most notable exception is trichlor tabs for the pool are a big NO NO for hot tubs.

Doc sells a large selection of chemicals and is a regular poster here, you can check out his store here
http://www.rhtubs.com/store/directory.htm

What are you Alk and pH levels at now?
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 05:10:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42