What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Back after a 3 yr hiatus - Water features  (Read 5006 times)

OnMedic

Back after a 3 yr hiatus - Water features
« on: July 18, 2008, 04:08:22 pm »
Hello

I was a regular on here for about a year and then disappeared. Three years later and I am back!

Time to look for a new tub. The old one stayed at the old house when we moved.

What manufacturers run a water feature off the circ pump? We are primarily interested in Jacuzzi, Sundance, Hotsprings (Caldera, Tiger etc.), Beachcomber, or D1 (amore bay looks amazing). Would prefer full foam but will consider thermapane.

Thanks!

Steve
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 04:35:42 pm by OnMedic »

Hot Tub Forum

Back after a 3 yr hiatus - Water features
« on: July 18, 2008, 04:08:22 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Back after a 3 yr hiatus - Water features
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 04:37:04 pm »
Hot Spring Sovereign and Vanguard use circ pump for water feature.  The rest of the line uses jet pump.

Curious why you want to know.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 04:40:04 pm »
Some Watkins tubs run the water feature off the circ pump, and others run it off the low speed on one of the jet pumps. Dan gave specifics above. It is really about the same - even on the tubs which run the water feature on the jet pump you can barely hear the running on low speed because the water sounds mute them out sort of like 'white noise' does. Even with the water feature off and the jet pump on low, you can barely hear it in the tub.

The BellaFontana® water feature, enhanced by the colors of the LED lighting which changes color in concert with the tub,  runs off the two-speed jet pump. It automatically adjusts to stay the same if you change from low speed to high speed on the jet pump.

The SoothingStream™ water feature delivers a gentle flow of water, backlit with a blue LED light, and makes absolutely no equipment noise at all. The water sound is less than the one above, but it is very relaxing. Sort of a "Jet for Your Mind™."

To see the particulars and more info go to http://www.hotspring.com/Spa_Showroom_Hot_Tub/hot_tub_water_features.html

The Tiger Rive and Limelight tubs run their water feature off the two-speed jet pump as well.

HTH

8-)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 04:43:20 pm by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

OnMedic

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 04:41:22 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply!

I would prefer a diverter off the circ pump line rather then have to utilize a pump to run a water feature in the background while entertaining and having dinner. The waterfall combined with the coloured lighting makes for a very nice ambience... our last tub was a Beachcomber to we had the everlight, but feel we missed out on the waterfall!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 04:47:03 pm »
I leave my Envoy running all day (on weekends) with the BellaFontana® running and the jet pump on low speed. Even indoors on my showroom you can hear the water more than the pump.

I had a Vista a few years ago - it had the BellaFontana® as well, and we did exactly as you describe. We also had the Spaudio system and had tunes playing all evening off a CD I burned on my computer. Now, I would play off my Ipod of course.

8-)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 05:09:23 pm »
The Sundance 880 series and Jacuzzi 400 series water features run off the high flow circ pump.  I am not sure if the SD 700 series and Jacuzzi 300 series run from the circ pump or the low speed main pump.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 05:22:05 pm »
As Tony said my Jacuzzi J-470 waterfalls run off the circ pump. The tub is out the french doors off my master bedroom. After I soak in the mornings I leave the waterfalls running while I get ready for work. All you hear is the waterfalls and no pump noise at all. I love the water sound in the early mornings and it adds a great addition to the bedroom. At nights I do the same thing but also run the waterfall lights.

Scott  8-)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

OnMedic

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 09:55:13 pm »
Thanks gang! Those are some great options... I may just have to go check these out tomorrow! It looks like Sundance and Jacuzzi have 4 corner seats too... even better! We found the lounger didn't get used very often in our Beachcomber 740 and would prefer 4 corner seats.

Familybiz

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 02:38:43 pm »
The water feature on the Beachcomber runs by the circ/hush pump.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 08:14:00 pm »
The BellaFontana® water feature, enhanced by the colors of the LED lighting which changes color in concert with the tub,  runs off the two-speed jet pump. It automatically adjusts to stay the same if you change from low speed to high speed on the jet pump.

There is something I didn't think to check when I bought. Perhaps a small thing overall, but I guess it shows some thought in design beyond the minimum. One of the waterfalls in my tub is at the foot of the lounger, if you turn the pump on high, its practially in your face. Definitely not soothing.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 08:58:39 pm »
  Not that I an bias in any way,  ;) I have yet to see a water feature that beats the Jacuzzi J-400 series, with the colored lights and raised back, it truly does look very nice!!  

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 10:05:29 pm »
 Not that I an bias in any way,  ;) 
ha ;D ha ;D ha  ;D ha  ;D
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

OnMedic

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 10:07:51 pm »
well.... this whole thread might be for not... I am in Canada and I found a great deal that I may not be able to pass-up.

Although I wasn't really looking for Caldera, I came across what appears to be a great deal. Can anyone provide some info or feedback on the Caldera product or the Elation? Does $7,995 fot a new 2007 with all the options (so I think...) incl. delivery, lifter, GFI, start-up chemicals and install sound OK?

Thanks

Steve

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 10:13:55 pm »
I have yet to see a water feature that beats the Jacuzzi J-400 series, with the colored lights and raised back, it truly does look very nice!!  
When I was deciding between the Sundance Optima and the Jacuzzi J-470, the raised colored waterfalls was the deal closer. I have posted this picture before but look at those waterfalls......

2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 10:13:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42