What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Same Spa - Prices So Different  (Read 3264 times)

crystal777

Same Spa - Prices So Different
« on: July 18, 2008, 09:32:07 pm »
We went to one Artesian Dealer about 25 miles away. Was quoted $8800 for a 2008 Angtigua w/all options(44 stainless jet, ozonator,circ pump, pillowfall w/lighting, cascading waterfall over filter w/lighting, inside perimeter lighting as well as outside of spa, cover, lifter...no stereo) Decided to then call another dealer about 30 miles away in the other direction since I felt $8800 was way too much. Told him I know what I want and what I want to pay and if he can do this I will be in this week to buy it.  I gave him the price range of  $6500 - $7000 for this spa. He told me he can sell me one with all the options I want for $7300. I am amazed at this big price difference!! So we went up to see this dealer and just got back from wet-testing this one again( I really do like this spa). We told them we would sign the paperwork tonight if he came down to $7000....he didnt budge. So we told them we will think about it and left. So what do you think???Is the Antigua for $7300  a pretty good deal? And what about the other dealer?... was he just trying to rip me off??

Crystal

Hot Tub Forum

Same Spa - Prices So Different
« on: July 18, 2008, 09:32:07 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Same Spa - Prices So Different
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 10:09:52 pm »
 I doubt the one dealer was trying to "rip you off". It could be for many different reasons as to the price difference. Some dealers include items that others don't for some dealers spas are just a support product but not their core business. I would assume 25 miles apart their over head is not the same.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 10:13:20 pm by Mendocino101 »

MustangMama

• Drive it like you stole it.
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 01:42:01 am »
I just bought the Antigua myself and I am very happy with it.  Mine is the Antigua 22 Sterling/Espresso w/ Stereo, Stainless Jets, 24 hr pump, Dynastar Lighting, Full foam, maint. free cabinet, Ozone, Stairs, Cover and Lifter, with Chemicals and delivery/setup for $6700.00 total tax included.

$600.00 more for double the jets and the water features w/out the stereo seems like a great deal to me.  Mine has been sitting outside my master bedroom door on the patio for about 2 weeks and although not very long...we are very happy with this spa.  It is a nice size for us (a family of 3) and has everything we want and on top of that our dealer is FABULOUS.(Splash Pools and Spas in Shreveport...Can't reccommend them highly enough!)  

Knowing what a great spa this is...I would jump on the $7300. ;)
2008 Artesian Island Antigua

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 10:30:20 am »
I doubt the one dealer was trying to "rip you off". It could be for many different reasons as to the price difference. Some dealers include items that others don't for some dealers spas are just a support product but not their core business. I would assume 25 miles apart their over head is not the same.

Hey Mendo! How's everything? - Haven't seen you posting in a while!

I would imagine that all dealers have different overhead as well. I equate it to moving into a house in an established neighborhood - the original owners may have paid $65K for a house that you just paid $200K for ... much different in price so overhead is different. So a dealer with an established store may be able to offer a better price than one who has been opened for 3 years. My dealer has closed her storefront and is selling out of her warehouse to keep her prices low (per her).

The only advice I can offer is if you get the same feeling about how good the dealers are - buy from the cheapest. You can try pitting one against the other but the dealer still may not budge. Also, if it is too low compared to comparable spas around you may have to ask yourself - Why? When I bought my Artesian, there weren't too many dealers around that sold them and I just happened to find mine. Right after I took delivery others popped up. I know I paid $1000 more than a person in Utah but I also know that the price was comparable to all the spas I was looking at that were in my price range at the time such as Down East, Beachcomber and Sweetwater.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 10:30:20 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42