What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Australia the new frontier  (Read 3596 times)

AussieDealer

• Shape up or ship out
Australia the new frontier
« on: July 15, 2008, 11:04:24 pm »
Hi there cyber spa guys and gals.

After finding this site yesterday and reading a great deal of usful information I wanted to say hi from Australia.

I have been in the spa industry for almost 10 years and now looking for that special brand of spa to seperate my store from all the average showrooms in Oz.

All info really appreciated but I have some questions...

1. Can anyone tell me the three biggest selling products in America (Volume)?

2. Do you have any China products in America? What brands and how are they accepted? (They are becoming like a out of control pest here in Oz)

3. Current brands I am looking at are Cal Spas, Caldera. If there are any international dealers out there can provide info on service, quality etc It would be greatly appreciated as this is a major venture.

Look forward to hearing from all.......

Aussie over and out :)
Sold many brands but currently researching american options.......... Sold HotSpring but looking at other options. We pay alot for HotSprings in Oz

Hot Tub Forum

Australia the new frontier
« on: July 15, 2008, 11:04:24 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Australia the new frontier
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 12:04:21 am »
Welcome to the forum!  You should find lots of great info here and I am sure the dealers will have tons of advice for you. ;)

Support your dealer so they can support you!

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 12:44:46 am »
Well Hot Springs in the 800 lb Gorilla here in the US. After that I'm not sure. On this forum we have had a lot of Jacuzzi's bought lately. I was thinking that BullFrog might be a good idea down in Australia. Jet packs would be an easy way to offer a lot of variety down under and make repairs easier as well. Just an idea.
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

AussieDealer

• Shape up or ship out
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 01:13:50 am »
Hi and thanks for your input. You know its funny that HotSpring have such a small following here in Oz. Good product but almost double the price of some. As our dollar is simular at the mo a Envoy is approx $16,000 inc tax or as much as $20,000. Hard market to understand and very little or no way of really researching for the poor customer... The average customer ends up with lies and all sorts of crap as you would imagine... What would be some of the best comparing sites in the USA could you give me the heads up on these?

Cheers

Aussie
Sold many brands but currently researching american options.......... Sold HotSpring but looking at other options. We pay alot for HotSprings in Oz

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 09:32:35 am »
What would be some of the best comparing sites in the USA could you give me the heads up on these?

Cheers

Aussie
www.bullfrogspas.com
www.jacuzzi.com
www.arcticspas.com (Canadian)

Here are a few, but there are a lot more.
Good Luck,
Scott  8-)

2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 10:06:59 am »
www.clearwaterspas.com

And yes, there are chinese tubs here too, you can very easily sell against them if you carry a quality line, look at one up close and personal compared to one of the quality tubs and you will see what we mean...

There are quite a few quality tub lines, do your reasearch, check how they are going to back you up since you are so far ect. Talk to customers, see what it is they want in a tub in your area and compare to the lines you are looking at.  Good Luck!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 10:10:22 am by Hillbilly_Hot_Tub »
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 07:18:56 pm »
AD,

Nice to see you here.

If you really want to be set apart - Swell Tub is spot on recommending Bullfrog.  One of the "newer" manufacturers, so less of a dealer network than the 30+ year old "giants".

New technology in the plumbing and jetting systems (covered by patents), unlike anything else out there.  

Also, an incredible amount of upgradeability, increasing customer convenience and dealer revenue after the sale.

Bullfrog Spas of Australasia is in Victoria.

For more information:

http://info@bullfrogspas.com

or PM me and I'd be happy to answer any questions, or provide a number if you'd prefer a voice conversation.

Happy searching,

Michael
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 07:39:30 pm »
www.clearwaterspas.com

And yes, there are chinese tubs here too, you can very easily sell against them if you carry a quality line, look at one up close and personal compared to one of the quality tubs and you will see what we mean...

There are quite a few quality tub lines, do your reasearch, check how they are going to back you up since you are so far ect. Talk to customers, see what it is they want in a tub in your area and compare to the lines you are looking at.  Good Luck!

Welcome!

The one thing about the offshore products is that they are improving every year. Still not the quality of the major brands but they aren't priced as such either.

Hs, Jacuzzi, Sundance as well as many others are good choices and you have a very vast field to draw from when considering a manufacturer.

Beachcomber, Arctic, Hydropool Spas, Bullfrog would be a very good alternative for manufacturers that offer some unique marketing.

Hope to see you stick around mate! ;)

Steve

In Canada eh

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 09:14:53 pm »
AD,

Nice to see you here.

If you really want to be set apart - Swell Tub is spot on recommending Bullfrog.  One of the "newer" manufacturers, so less of a dealer network than the 30+ year old "giants".

New technology in the plumbing and jetting systems (covered by patents), unlike anything else out there.  

Also, an incredible amount of upgradeability, increasing customer convenience and dealer revenue after the sale.

Welcome to the Forum Aussie,

Just to add a little bit to Bauer's comments.  We have had our Bullfrog 451 for just over 2 years and couldn't be happier with our tub, our dealer and with Bullfrog themselves.

Scott and Micheal are right on when they say that a Bullfrog dealership will set you apart from the others

Hope you stick around add add your comments from down under, of course you'll be 12 hours late on any "breaking news" ;)
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 09:14:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42