What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Master Spas LSX 1000  (Read 11360 times)

Mr._Bubbles

• Tiger River Bengal-HP
Master Spas LSX 1000
« on: July 13, 2008, 07:32:49 pm »
I know most of the people here are not fond of Master Spas, but this looks cool.  Does anyone own one?

http://www.masterspas.com/lsx1000.php
It's all about da bubbles!

Hot Tub Forum

Master Spas LSX 1000
« on: July 13, 2008, 07:32:49 pm »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Re: Master Spas LSX 1000
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 09:38:27 pm »
I know most of the people here are not fond of Master Spas, but this looks cool.  Does anyone own one?

http://www.masterspas.com/lsx1000.php
I think Master Spas make some neat stuff. It is their marketing that puts them in a bad light. They come into town sell spas and then disappear into the darkness.....
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Tailhooker

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 10:42:33 pm »
I think Master Spas make some neat stuff. It is their marketing that puts them in a bad light. They come into town sell spas and then disappear into the darkness.....
Does master spas actually have dealers and stores or do they just wander around the country in shows, sort of like Thermospas (no stores that is)?

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 01:35:45 am »
Neat mold but a million tiny bullet jets are far from therapeutic or impressive to me. It does offer a great story to unknowing consumers and it does look comfortable.

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 11:31:42 am »
It is a neat looking spa, we wet tested an LSX at a dealer and were pushed out of almost every seat.  

On another note, is that girl in the corner seat like 12 years old?  What the hay??
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 12:45:50 pm »
They are advertising in the local paper today for a 3 day show, our fair is in a couple of weeks in the same place, go figure.

The ad states all major manufactures will be there, gee why wasn't I informed??

I plan on shopping just to mess with them a bit, should be fun!!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 12:49:57 pm »
They are advertising in the local paper today for a 3 day show, our fair is in a couple of weeks in the same place, go figure.

The ad states all major manufactures will be there, gee why wasn't I informed??

I plan on shopping just to mess with them a bit, should be fun!!

Since you'll be incognito, ask who'll do the service for the spa if you buy from them. Maybe they'll say its the local Jacuzzi dealer LOL!!  ;D

You could also tell them you shopped them a few years ago and they had a rebate offer where you get your money back a few years later and you were wondering if that promotion is still going.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 01:10:55 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 01:00:18 pm »
  Thats exactly what I was going to ask, as well as where's Jacuzzi, Sundance and Hot spring I really was interested in one of those brands, never heard of Master spa???     Amongst many other questions.  ;D

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 02:23:42 pm »
 Thats exactly what I was going to ask, as well as where's Jacuzzi, Sundance and Hot spring I really was interested in one of those brands, never heard of Master spa???

You will be told, as I was, "when those other guys saw what they were up against, they knew they'd be wasting their time, so they packed up and left".

;D

When you ask them "who will service the spa if I buy from you", the reply will be "oh, anyone around here will work on them...the local <Jacuzzi, HotSpring, Marquis, etc> dealer is a certified Massa Spa service center".

::)

That was where we drew the line when they were last here.

Be sure and ask about the $32,000 swim spa that you can get for $26,000!  What a deal!   !!   !!!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 03:48:14 pm »
 The local Marquis dealer just called me he is all pissed off after hearing the ad on the radio.  ;D  He is going to call the Fair grounds and raise hell with them on false advertising,  Not sure its gonna matter much but who knows??

I think most up here are pretty savy to sleazy tactics, if anything they will probably get some of the btm feeders if any??

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 05:23:57 pm »
Does master spas actually have dealers and stores or do they just wander around the country in shows, sort of like Thermospas (no stores that is)?

Since most other responders in this thread are more concerned with the fly-by-night marketers, I'd like to answer your question.  I have owned an MS LSX for 4 years and my only experience is with my local dealer.  I have no doubt about the existence of the fly-by-nighters, and I do not know if they are sanctioned by corporate MS or not, but I do know that I bought mine from a reputable dealer who has a store.  

It's a shame that every MS thread turns into something like this...but that's just the way it is here... :(  Otherwise, a great place to learn and share.  Oh well...
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 05:30:06 pm »

Since most other responders in this thread are more concerned with the fly-by-night marketers, I'd like to answer your question.  I have owned an MS LSX for 4 years and my only experience is with my local dealer.  I have no doubt about the existence of the fly-by-nighters, and I do not know if they are sanctioned by corporate MS or not, but I do know that I bought mine from a reputable dealer who has a store.  

[glow]It's a shame that every MS thread turns into something like this...[/glow]but that's just the way it is here... :(  Otherwise, a great place to learn and share.  Oh well...

It's great that you've had good luck with your spa and that your dealer has treated you well and I don't doubt either. Hovever, if you think its a shame that Master gets poor press here don't blame the people on this site, blame corporate Master (and yes, they are ABSOLUTELY behind the traveling spa scam shows).
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 06:17:28 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 05:34:26 pm »
 I don't have a problem with Master spas as a whole, I do have an issue with there company's hit and run tactics.  

They come into an area, take as many sales as they can from local dealers and leave.   Mass marketing and high pressure sales, doubt they will sell a truck load, but they will probably sell a few.  The only thing we can hope to gain are chemical sales from said buyers,

A positive thing is we a running a huge sale this weekend as well, and people have to drive by our store to get to there sale so I am sure we will snag a few.  ;D

I bet they don't do the hit and run thing in places they have a dealer??

Should add, I don't know of any other manufacturer that does this except theromspa and they do adds on TV only I believe??  

It really is just chitty sales tactics from a company that builds a otherwise decent spa although I have never been close enough to one to really know?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 05:43:46 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

Water Boy

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 05:58:37 pm »
There is a Master dealer in our area, and they have never had the traveling show come to our town. I have never heard too many good things or bad things about our local Master dealer. They only have one spa on their showroom floor, and I don’t think they sell too many.

Now, the traveling show was in Kansas City (which is about an hour away) about three weeks ago. I saw some commercials during the Royals game and it was advertising some HUGE spa show at a Huge arena for three days, but said nothing about brand and who was putting it on. It did have a website and I checked it out and it had the Master logo at the bottom. It had a schedule for the month of where all they were traveling, so I am sure this is what it was, but I didn’t have time to go check it out.

Have fun servicing all those new Master Spas JJ!!   ;)

I can hear the call now;

Jim:  "Thanks for calling this is Jim"

Caller: "Yeah I just bought a brand new master spa this last weekend at the huge tent sale, and I have no idea how to balance my water or change my filter.... can you help??"    ;) ;D

Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 06:50:20 pm »
 Ya know!  For a 100 spot cash, I will come out personal and show you myself!!  ;D

Here's there web link

http://nwspashow.com/

So its not Master spa!!    After finding the link I called the 1-800 number and its a company out of Seattle called Black pine.   I think someone on here bought a spa from them??

They sell Artesian,Phoenix and LA spas I believe.    They are using all the tactics from Master spa to try and sell spa's.   I think its even worse than Master spa coming in, freaking dirt bags should stay in there own neck of the woods, why come up 100 miles away run tons of radio adds and news paper, to sell a few spa's??  I can tell you they are no way as big as MS is and are sticking there necks out on the line.  
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 07:09:50 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 06:50:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42