What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HotSpring questions  (Read 3247 times)

Tailhooker

HotSpring questions
« on: July 09, 2008, 10:04:50 pm »
'07 Envoy and '08 Envoy... what is the difference?  $1800 for the spa audio is it worth that price, anyone got one?  Just did a wet test  actually impressed with the power.  Lounger just a little small but not bad.

Dave
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 10:52:37 pm by Tailhooker »

Hot Tub Forum

HotSpring questions
« on: July 09, 2008, 10:04:50 pm »

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
Re: HotSpring questions
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 10:00:03 am »
Differences:
  • Redesigned spa side control panel
  • Redesigned Pillows
  • L.E.D. lights under pillows

Spaudio II has a CD/stereo unit, 2 external speakers, 2 internal transducers, 600 watt amp.

Spaudio Cast has wireless sender & receiver, 2 external speakers, 2 internal transducers, 600 watt amp.

If you love music I say go for it. There's nothing quite like sitting inside a liquid speaker.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 10:01:56 am by soak-king »
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 11:02:06 am »
I am real picky about Audio Quality, and I was less than impressed with the Spaudio with the transducers only. It was very different than other systems, it had no speakers to see or worry about, it enveloped you in the music, and it was integrated into the spa, the control system, the remote and the spa experience in a way that made it great. I had one for a year or two. The high-frequency notes were just a bit lacking.

Then they offered the external speakers - and I became a fan again!! Great booming bass which you can feel right in the water, and now nice crisp mids and highs. Also, you can put the external speakers next to the tub, close to the tub, or in another part of the yard and you can control them separately from the transducers so you can enjoy music in the yard even when you are not using the tub. Tres cool.

I don't mess with the CD deck. It's fine if you have a bunch of CD, or if you want to burn all your favorites onto CD because it will play MP3 format, but I use the Icast system to link my Iphone/ Ipod to the tub without wires.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Tailhooker

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 12:01:43 am »
I am real picky about Audio Quality, and I was less than impressed with the Spaudio with the transducers only. It was very different than other systems, it had no speakers to see or worry about, it enveloped you in the music, and it was integrated into the spa, the control system, the remote and the spa experience in a way that made it great. I had one for a year or two. The high-frequency notes were just a bit lacking.

Then they offered the external speakers - and I became a fan again!! Great booming bass which you can feel right in the water, and now nice crisp mids and highs. Also, you can put the external speakers next to the tub, close to the tub, or in another part of the yard and you can control them separately from the transducers so you can enjoy music in the yard even when you are not using the tub. Tres cool.

I don't mess with the CD deck. It's fine if you have a bunch of CD, or if you want to burn all your favorites onto CD because it will play MP3 format, but I use the Icast system to link my Iphone/ Ipod to the tub without wires.

8-)
Does the Icast come with the ~$1800ish spaaudio or is it another add on and if so what price range.  Are the external speakers a 08 new addition to the transducers or an add on too.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 12:02:02 am by Tailhooker »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 01:56:23 am »
Pricing varies, although I have have recently found a bunch of Spaudio stuff I want to clear out of my warehouse.

The External speakers were added in 07 IIRC.

8-)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 01:56:35 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Vanguard

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 02:15:27 pm »
Does the Icast come with the ~$1800ish spaaudio or is it another add on and if so what price range.  Are the external speakers a 08 new addition to the transducers or an add on too.

I believe the SpAudio Cast is its own system that comes complete with everything.  I don't think it is an add-on to SpAudio.  But, I've been wrong before.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Tailhooker

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 10:29:48 pm »
Does the Vista have stronger jets over the Envoy because it has bigger pumps?

Tailhooker

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 02:07:55 pm »
HS dealers?

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 02:16:25 pm »
It's subjective.  I think the Envoy is more powerful, but the Vista feels about the same.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 04:45:10 pm »

When you're looking at 2 spas from a premium spa maker that are in the same "series" usually the spa with higher HP pumps also has more jets. In theory the pumps are speced to balance with the number and type of jets so the jets should feel the same. Of course theory and real world are never identical so wet testing is advised but without going into either you'd expect them to feel pretty similar.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Spiderman

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 09:59:22 pm »
Differences:
  • Redesigned spa side control panel
  • Redesigned Pillows
  • L.E.D. lights under pillows

The aux panel and pillows were changed in '07 and the under pillow lights are new for '08.  The '08 Envoy will also have the new circ pump which runs on around 28 watts compared to about 68 watts for the '07.  The '08 also has the all vertical cabinet.  Can't think of anything else right now.  
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Tailhooker

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 12:44:21 am »

The aux panel and pillows were changed in '07 and the under pillow lights are new for '08.  The '08 Envoy will also have the new circ pump which runs on around 28 watts compared to about 68 watts for the '07.  The '08 also has the all vertical cabinet.  Can't think of anything else right now.  
Thanks Spiderman... the circ pump could also be a better reason to go with the 08 over the solely cosmetic led lights!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 12:44:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42