What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is this true?  (Read 5332 times)

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
Is this true?
« on: July 02, 2008, 03:02:59 pm »
As I mentioned on another thread, my tub has a gap between the shell and the side/support. You can see the underneath of the shell, some tubing and the insulation.

The service guy is at the house right now and told my wife that's normal. It's a place for any heat to escape. Otherwise the pumps would overheat.

It's a hottub!!!!!!!!!!!

Do I need to talk to this guy and dispute this claim?

Skellman

Hot Tub Forum

Is this true?
« on: July 02, 2008, 03:02:59 pm »

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
Re: Is this true?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 03:05:09 pm »
OH PLEASE??!!  WTF??  Is he trying to pull some crap because it is your wife there??   >:(

I'd dispute it quick.
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 03:11:59 pm »

Is it a gap like this?

If so, they are lying yellow-bellied buttweasels and should be kicked unmercifully.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 03:14:08 pm »
[size=16]buttweasels[/size] ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Skellman

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 03:15:08 pm »

Is it a gap like this?

If so, they are lying yellow-bellied buttweasels and should be kicked unmercifully.

Term

;DNot quite that bad, Term.
This guy can't be serious. I'm supposed to let all that heat escape during the winter months? I'm very close to jumping in my vehicle and haul a** home.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 03:25:04 pm »
  Both Jacuzzi and Sundance have a small gap at the front of the spa to yes, let heat from the pumps escape. But you shouldn't be able to see in there very well.    And yes the bees do like to get in there?

It should be about a 1/4" if that gap and not all the way across the top of the front panel.  On the  800 series Sundance they have louvers instead of the gap.    The fact that you haven't noticed it till now tells me it cant be that bad, put a lillte screen in there if your worried about bees.  I get maybe 1 call a summer that someone has a problem with them.  

Skellman

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 03:25:40 pm »
There should be no gap PERIOD.  If it is a lip-over-shell design, then their might be a tiny gap, but nothing significant.

Term

It's a t least 3/8" gap along that whole side of the tub.
Please forgive my ignorance. Can you elaborate on "lip-over-shell" for me?

When you say "tiny gap"...................would it be the same on each side of the tub?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 03:31:33 pm »
This is a lip-over-shell design whereby water is shed and not allowed to stand on the cabinet top:

This is the shell-in-the-box style:

Term

Skellman

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 03:33:44 pm »
 Both Jacuzzi and Sundance have a small gap at the front of the spa to yes, let heat from the pumps escape. But you shouldn't be able to see in there very well.    And yes the bees do like to get in there?

It should be about a 1/4" if that gap and not all the way across the top of the front panel.  On the  800 series Sundance they have louvers instead of the gap.    The fact that you haven't noticed it till now tells me it cant be that bad, put a lillte screen in there if your worried about bees.  I get maybe 1 call a summer that someone has a problem with them.  

I do appreciate the input Jim. Although, at 6'5" I don't easily see under the shell where it rests on the side.

The reason I noticed it is that while I was soaking I noticed 2-3 hornets hovering around the area in question. I checked to make sure there was no access to the inside of the unit and found the gap.

Perhaps I'm wrong but, it just doesn't seem right.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 03:38:26 pm »
Whatever it is, you shouldn't be able to see the plumbing. :o  That leg don't scratch!

Term

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 03:56:51 pm »
  Maybe I am misunderstanding??   Is it on the side or the front end, IE equipment area???     If sides then there should be no gap, if the front then yes.   Between the edge of the acrylic and front panel??

Skellman

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 03:57:56 pm »
Whatever it is, you shouldn't be able to see the plumbing. :o  That leg don't scratch!

Term

Thanks for the input, Term
I can indeed see piping/tubing. If my memory serves me right, I think it's two to three 3/8" tubes running along the top part of the shell.

I'll inspect closer when I get home in order to be accurate with my input.

As I was typing my wife phoned to tell me the service guy has left. She was on the phone and he tapped on the patio door and told her the stereo was fixed, he was done and left. She didn't sign anything nor was she told of the actual problem with the stereo.

Hhhmmmm. :o

Skellman

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 04:01:05 pm »
 Maybe I am misunderstanding??   Is it on the side or the front end, IE equipment area???     If sides then there should be no gap, if the front then yes.   Between the edge of the acrylic and front panel??

Jim,

The gap is on the same side as the main stereo unit or, the side where the full lounger is. It's a Chelsee in case you don't remember.
If you're facing the side in question, the filter compartment is on the right closest to you.
I hope I explained it OK. :-[

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 04:16:46 pm »
 If its the side with the stereo, then that would be considered the front.  the gap is to let heat out instead of louvers.
the plumbing you see is probably just air tubes that run from the air controls?  

Skellman

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 05:20:38 pm »
OK-I looked it over and it's a 3/4" PVC pipe with several fittings coming of of it. Not sure what they're for. I'm guessing Jim is correct in that they're air tubes.

Should I worry about no paperwork being left?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 05:20:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42