What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Niagra vs. Sundance Optima/Hamilton/Chelse  (Read 3128 times)

johnh

Caldera Niagra vs. Sundance Optima/Hamilton/Chelse
« on: July 03, 2008, 11:45:13 pm »
Any thoughts?  

We have wet test them all above and have our favorite....but I won't reveal it yet...

(We have wet tested a few others and eliminated them (HS Grandee, Limelight Pulse, some "cheaper spas)
(We also wet tested a Sundance Maxxus but that was too much $$ (wanted like $13k!)

Anyone have any opinions on those above?

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Niagra vs. Sundance Optima/Hamilton/Chelse
« on: July 03, 2008, 11:45:13 pm »

fdegree

• 2007 Sundance Optima
Re: Caldera Niagra vs. Sundance Optima/Hamilton/Ch
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 09:08:15 am »
We have a 2007 Sundance Optima.  Purchased last year (Sept. 2007).  There are no complaints...we have not had any trouble with it at all.  We mostly just sit in the warm water...rarely turning on the pumps any more.

The only real problem was water chemistry...I had no clue about that.  But, with time I have come to be fairly comfortable with the chemistry.

If you have any specific questions, fire away.

kacrab10

• 2004 Sundance Optima
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 09:12:44 am »
We have had our used Sundance Optima up and working for a week! We love it and alternate between "sitting in the hot water" and using the jets.  The only problem we are having is the same as everyone else.... Water chemistry!!!!   ;D ;D

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 10:11:59 am »
As far as the Sundance products go, the Optima is a higher end spa than the Hamilton or Chelsee...but of course the price tag is higher.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 08:36:35 pm »
Any thoughts?  

We have wet test them all above and have our favorite....but I won't reveal it yet...

(We have wet tested a few others and eliminated them (HS Grandee, Limelight Pulse, some "cheaper spas)
(We also wet tested a Sundance Maxxus but that was too much $$ (wanted like $13k!)

Anyone have any opinions on those above?

I have a VERY strong opinion based on your post above. IMO, since those are all good spas you should get the one that you already decided won the wet test assuming that dealer is also someone you think would do you well after the sale.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

freddortort

• waiting..waiting..waiting..waiting
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 09:36:45 am »
Spatech:

I think your advice is one that is overlooked at times.  After the sale support is critical to my purchases.  That clinched the deal for us.

Waiting for July 11  8am with great anticipation!!

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 09:58:37 am »
Anyone that would overlook Spatech's advice would be stupid!!

So, freddortort--not going to give a hint???  I guess we have to wait until July 11, too??

Congrats!! :)
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

johnh

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 10:27:50 am »
Ok thanks.

No more suspense.  we both liked the Niagra better...(Our quote was $1500 cheaper for the Niagra than the Optima)

My wife loved the Optima, but I didn't fit in it right, especially in the two seats with the wrap around headrests the hit my shoulders and kept me from getting into the right spot.

Both dealers were great, answered all questions, both do their own service, have multiple locations and been in business for a while...they both also have "other" products/services as well, so they aren't just relying on tubs for money.

We are actually going to wet test one more tub HS Vanguard, then retest the Niagra to make sure....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 10:27:50 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42