What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Limelight spa  (Read 6412 times)

spagal

Limelight spa
« on: June 29, 2008, 05:13:32 pm »
I see this is a new spa line from Watkins. Want a Hot Springs, but can't justify the expense. Tiger River also has no calf jets in lounger. Like the look of the Limelight Flair. Will test soak next week, but want to know what experience anyone has had with problems. Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Limelight spa
« on: June 29, 2008, 05:13:32 pm »

starsky

Re: Limelight spa
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 07:58:20 pm »
I just looked it up on line and it looks pretty good. I will wet test one myself if the local Hot Springs dealer has one.

Vanguard

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 10:40:34 pm »
I see this is a new spa line from Watkins. Want a Hot Springs, but can't justify the expense. Tiger River also has no calf jets in lounger. Like the look of the Limelight Flair. Will test soak next week, but want to know what experience anyone has had with problems. Thanks!

I think the line is too new to really get much consumer feedback.  I know Terminator has sold some.  I have yet to see one myself.  I'll need to get to my local dealer to see if they have some on the floor.

From everything I've seen on the Limelight, it will be every bit the quality of any Watkins' product.  It just has some more "off the shelf" stuff than their other spas.

I'll be looking to hear back from your wet test.  I'd love to know what you think.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 07:04:13 pm »
We have sold a few as well. They are quite popular and do offer a lot for the money.
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

johnh

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 10:28:05 pm »
Hi, i am looking at limelight Pulse vs. HS Grandee...

Going to wet test them both, but what are differences?  Warranty? Structure? Filtration?
The Grandee has those moving jets moto something any opinions on those?

(The Grandee is $1k-$2k more in price that I do know)

Vanguard

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 11:41:17 pm »
Hi, i am looking at limelight Pulse vs. HS Grandee...

Going to wet test them both, but what are differences?  Warranty? Structure? Filtration?
The Grandee has those moving jets moto something any opinions on those?

(The Grandee is $1k-$2k more in price that I do know)

Yep, those are all differences.  Limelight has a shorter warranty, different structure, different filtration, but has more lights and wow effect.

You'll be able to decide in your wet test which you like better.   The Limelight spas seem to be getting pretty favorable comments.

The Grandee is in the Hot Spring line.  Hot Spring is the flagship and premier brand.  Limelight was developed to give people a very good quality spa at a lower price than Hot Spring.

Both are certified under the new California Electric Commission's standards.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

spagal

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 02:40:03 pm »
Oops. Thank goodness for the internet. I am not going to spend time to wet test the Flair after all. No foot jets in lounger. Doesn't look like there is a floor drain and only maybe one foot jet (or is that an bypass or light) in well, and not fully foamed.  Thanks to everyone who responded to this thread, but the quest continues!!!

104 degrees

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 03:01:36 pm »

Look at the Jacuzzi 300's

Vanguard

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 06:54:45 pm »
Oops. Thank goodness for the internet. I am not going to spend time to wet test the Flair after all. No foot jets in lounger. Doesn't look like there is a floor drain and only maybe one foot jet (or is that an bypass or light) in well, and not fully foamed.  Thanks to everyone who responded to this thread, but the quest continues!!!

Not sure on all the jetting, but the Lime Light spas are full foam.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 07:12:40 pm »
The Flair has four foot jets in the lounger.  You just can't see them from the overhead shots.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 07:34:04 pm »
 Comparatively speaking feature for feature the Lime light is more in line with the Jacuzzi 200 series.  Expect to spend more for the Lime light though.

starsky

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 06:00:50 pm »
I looked at a dry Limelight Flair today in the Hot Springs dealership. The dealer said the Limelight are not full foam but "blanket foam".  Overall it looked pretty nice. I then went to the Dimension 1 dealer and looked at a dry Aurora. He said I could get one ordered with steps, lifter, cover, (somes with an ozonator system standard) chemicals and delivery for 8K plus tax. The Flair from Hotsprings was about the same.  

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 06:30:53 pm »
 I don't doubt that the Limelight is a nice spa, but its not in my eyes 8000 dollars nice with a 3 year warranty, regardless of all the pretty lights and who built it.   There are just to many other spa's that are lower in price and offer a lot more feature for feature and still very high quality.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 06:30:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42