What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How do I know if I have an ozonator??  (Read 4767 times)

kacrab10

• 2004 Sundance Optima
How do I know if I have an ozonator??
« on: June 26, 2008, 07:01:02 pm »
Sorry if I misspelled that. How do I tell if my used hot tub has an ozone (thingy)??  ;D  Not sure what I am looking for?

Hot Tub Forum

How do I know if I have an ozonator??
« on: June 26, 2008, 07:01:02 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: How do I know if I have an ozonator??
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 07:56:50 pm »
You would have to open the front panel and look for a small 6" X 10" box either brown or blue with a yellowish 1/4" hose coming off it that loops up at the top?   Also on your topside you may see a thing that looks like a small round sundial type deal, it means your ozonator is on.

kacrab10

• 2004 Sundance Optima
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 08:55:21 pm »
Thanks Jim, I might go out and unscrew it now just to look!! :)  Only one more day till the electrician comes!! Yeehaw!

kacrab10

• 2004 Sundance Optima
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 10:38:24 am »
I have a 6X10 ish grey box with a hose going up to the top and it says Spa Necessities on it other then that nothing but the main electrical panel.  I don't know what that box is??   :-/

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 12:32:26 pm »
That would be the ozonator.  

And, yes...you're spelling is correct.   ;)
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 01:14:11 pm »
 Its also a 250mg ozonator which an up grade from the normal 80mg that most use.

kacrab10

• 2004 Sundance Optima
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 03:16:50 pm »
It has a tube (that is yellowish clear) that goes up into the top of the spa but I don't see where it goes from there or any indicators on the top side of the tub? What do I do with it? Or will it just work when we turn it on?????   :-/

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 03:32:16 pm »
The tube runs up to the top above the waterline then to something thats called a mazzi injector, yours may have the new Bohls injector which is a little different but basically does the same thing.

As far as doing anything it will just come on and shut off by itself.  Whether it is working or not hard to say. You will have to put your hand on it and see if you can feel it humming.  Every time you turn a main pump on it will shut off untill that pump shuts off then it will turn itself back on, unless its in a filter cycle then it will operate as normal.  If your spa has the highflow circ pump which it probably does then you dont really need a filter cycle??

Did you get a manual with it???    If not you can probably get one on line.  

kacrab10

• 2004 Sundance Optima
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 06:45:04 pm »
I got a manuel off the internet, printed lots and lots of pages!!!  I think the ozone indicator is maybe on the opposite side of the tub and they way we have the deck built I cant get to it to check it out until I can get in which wont be until the water is a bit warmer! Right now it feels like someone threw ice in it and that is on a 90 degree day! WAY too cold at first, now up to 79 and climbing. I am so excited it is working I need to clean with the cleaning fluid tonight then drain in the am and refill with fresh water and throw in the chemicals.  I will then work on sending pics!! Thanks for everything!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 06:45:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42