What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera service  (Read 1877 times)

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
Caldera service
« on: June 26, 2008, 04:15:20 pm »
We just signed on as a new Caldera service center. They lost their dealer in this neck of the woods so came to us. Wanted us to carry the line, but we are happy with ours so we said we would do the service for them.

We have worked on many older Caldera and Hot Springs that are out of warrenty, but some of the new stuff will be different for us and I may need to call on all your exspertise in here!

First tub we are doing, 1 month old tahitian Utopia with a noisy circ pump....we will see when we get to the spa....
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera service
« on: June 26, 2008, 04:15:20 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Caldera service
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 04:40:40 pm »
  I bet the circ pump is going out!!  ;D

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 07:46:55 am »

...We have worked on many older Caldera and Hot Springs that are out of warrenty, but some of the new stuff will be different for us and I may need to call on all your exspertise in here! ...

The factory doens't train, or provide support for you?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 07:47:07 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 09:48:32 am »
They just came to see us last week. We did not take on the line, but were willing to do service for them. We are tech certified in many tub lines, just Watkins products do have a few things that are a bit different than most. I am sure that if we ask they would be glad to have us go to their next training.

The pump was easy....it is bad! Thumping and surging water is a pretty good indication. Talked to the watkins tech guy, he agreed, they are sending a new, different style pump with the retrofit kit to put in the customers spa. Very simple and great response time. Peggy at watkins was great to deal with for both customer and service center.

I just figured that since we do not carry/sell the product we are out of the loop and sometimes manufacturers may have a known issue with a tub that we would not know about since we do not deal them so the forum could be very helpful. All the watkins dealers on here seem more than happy to help people out.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 10:45:30 am »
In our experience, even though many components are the same, Caldera and Hot Spring repairs are different.  Maybe Chas can chime in since he still carries both lines.

They do have great training at the factory.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 10:45:30 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42