What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How To Negotiate For Good Price  (Read 2624 times)

crystal777

How To Negotiate For Good Price
« on: June 22, 2008, 09:22:59 pm »
How much is the mark-up on most of these spas? I would like to negotiate for a decent price, but there's not a whole lot of info out there with pricing. And then what about on a brand that is only sold by that one dealer....such as the Sunrise we are looking at. I have nothing to compare his prices too.

I would appreciate any help you can give me in this area.

crystal777

Hot Tub Forum

How To Negotiate For Good Price
« on: June 22, 2008, 09:22:59 pm »

Darth Vader

Re: How To Negotiate For Good Price
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 09:11:56 pm »
Crystal,my advice is to visit as many dealers of quality tubs you can find wet test them with family and narrow it down to two you really like .color finish warranties and dealer support are very important.negoitate with the dealer by counter offering him with a lower price that you can afford and live with.most dealers expect to come down somewhat to make a sale and get you as a customer who gives them referrals for future business.remember it is your money that you are spending.regards Marc

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 10:39:56 pm »
And, I would add be honest with the dealers and make sure they KNOW you are shopping around.  Marc said it right==wet test and narrow it down.  YOU are the one buying, not the salesperson!!  But, dealer and aftercare is 50% of the deal.  

Another route, if you have it narrowed down to 2, with great dealers, etc, see if there is one more option or some extra chems thrown in to seal the deal.
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 11:45:29 pm »
Typically around $2,000 for lower end units (under $7K) and up to $5K for ones over $12K.  I replied to your other (nearly identical) thread.  Others have posted what they paid.  Use the search function to find those details

Looks like this was almost "right on" (at least on the $7K level) as Steve re-affirmed an approximate profit of "around $2,100 for a $7K spa.  I would also "guesstimate" that the $5K profit on the $12K level is probably also close to correct.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 06:24:03 pm by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 11:45:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42