What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Coast Spa Radiance  (Read 22338 times)

ftwiebe

• LUV my Coast Radiance...
Re: Coast Spa Radiance
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 11:25:28 pm »
Also, did you get the coast guard bottom?

Well I don't even really know if I did! When they were installing it the bottom was completely closed, so did I?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 11:25:28 pm »

ftwiebe

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 11:27:30 pm »

Wow.....sounds pretty nice.....now we gotta see some pics ftwiebe!

I will take some pics tomorrow. Now how do I post them on here? Someone please explain it! If I click the "Insert Image" all I get is this...

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 08:28:10 am »
Here is a picture from Coast's website...

Zep

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 08:35:25 am »
"Now how do I post them on here? Someone please explain it!
If I click the "Insert Image" all I get is this... "

You have to take the picture's url address and insert in
between the 1st set of brackets & the 2nd set of brackets.

If it is a picture you take yourself you have to generate
a url for the picture with a site like PhotoBucket.com, then
take the PhotoBucket URL for the picture and place it
between the brackets.

ftwiebe

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 09:11:29 am »
called the Coast Cascade does the waterfall "cascade over the edge" kind of like an edgeless smimming pool?

Yes, that is exactly right. I saw it on a demo and it is pretty cool with that infinity water edge. It would be nice but it's only a 5 seater and only 30 jets fo I didn't go after it.

Zep

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 10:07:53 am »
thats cool
yeah it wouldn't be for everybody
but I could see it being really nice like if your backyard was on the edge of a lake
you could sit there looking at the lake and the edgeless spa would be cool
just like they do with the edgeless pools

ftwiebe

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 10:46:49 am »
Hey Zep, I just looked up your Cal Spas SQ92. WOW... that's a beautiful tub! 92 jets! 3 6HP motors! I love the arm jets on each seat. I think I would have definately seen that as an option to mine, cept there are no dealers here. May I ask what kind of price that is? I paid $10,500 for my Radiance, but that was for a floor model. Randiance's normally sell for about $12,000 after bargaining with them. Remember I am quoting CDN $ which are a bit higher that US $...

Zep

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 11:20:04 am »
ftwiebe Thanks......I love my CalSpas tub.
I purchased in March 2006 and it was about 8K
with stainless jets, LED light, stone side panels,
stone steps, cover, and delivery/set-up.

(plus i got a doctors note to waive sales tax)

« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 11:21:34 am by Zep »

stevewhosau

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2008, 03:23:35 pm »
I'm really mad at myself right now guys....thought I was educated on my entire purchase and now find out that I may be getting (somewhat of) the shaft pricing/warranty-wise.

What I thought I purchased was the Coast Radiance, in reality it is the Northwind Radiance. Without going into specifics about it all here, I'm going to be taking a trip to talk to the owner before I take delivery.

ftwiebe

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2008, 04:11:07 pm »
Oh boy there is a HUGE difference between Northwind and Coast. I disagree the way they call a Radiance in both lines as Radiance ONLY refers to the SHAPE of the tub. The Northwind has far less HP, smaller jets, less lights, LESS WARRANTEE which is HUGE in my books, so depending on what you paid, yes I would make a walk to the dealer.. Let us know what happens!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 04:11:58 pm by ftwiebe »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 04:31:50 pm »
Oh boy there is a HUGE difference between Northwind and Coast. I disagree the way they call a Radiance in both lines as Radiance ONLY refers to the SHAPE of the tub. The Northwind has far less HP, smaller jets, less lights, LESS WARRANTEE which is HUGE in my books, so depending on what you paid, yes I would make a walk to the dealer.. Let us know what happens!

That website gets an "incomplete" grade IMO. I went to see what the difference was between the two spas and the spec sheet for each only tells you the dimensions of the spas and # of gallons. No mention of pump sizes (either real or fake HP), no mention of # and type of jets and other simple information shoppers are used to seeing when looking at spa models. I would think that would be information they would want to use for comparative reasons when shopping around.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 04:37:14 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

ftwiebe

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2008, 05:00:43 pm »
That website gets an "incomplete" grade IMO. quote]

100% agree. While I still maintain the Coast Radiance is the best tub for the price, I am very much against how the market their tubs to the public. This website really makes a buyer BEWARE!

The thing is I did my research on this website and others like it as I am in the marketing game and know the games suppliers play. Thank goodness for frums such as this!

I mean opinions are one thing, while I may think my tub rocks, so does anyone else's to them, and that's what is important.

However, when manufacturers play games, that's where they lose credibility. And why do they do that to themselves? Know why? Not enough consumers use forums like this, and my goodness when you spend this much money... wow

stevewhosau

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2008, 10:34:03 pm »
I went to plead my case today but to a person whom I had not met before. I want to be honest here; I still like the tub, even the Northwind version but I have a few problems.

(A) When I was ordering our tub, it sounded like things we were choosing were options. Increasing the total price when the dealer could of up front told me the differences between the Northwind and Coast models. As the Coast model has more of those features standard, I most likely then would have jumped in...OK with the price increase (even though I was trying to stay within a budget). This would have been a perfect time to talk about the differences between the two lines they make, especially in regards to filtration size, power and most importantly warranty. This is the dealer that had already won us over all other dealer/lines, this final education would have been the icing on the cake.

(B) Price...I'm not going into specifics but I feel that I'm paying a big markup for a lesser equipped tub. I've already called a dealer in another state who was very open and forthcoming to my inquiries. He is selling the same tub I am looking at for about 1100-1200 less (he gave me his price, I did not disclose mine). He sells the Coast Radiance for about 800-900 more than I am paying for the Northwind.

As I said, I'm more upset at myself for not being as informed as I thought I was as my wife and I are very investigative and thorough on large purchases. I simply ended up not knowing the difference between the two lines that Coast manufactures. I still want to purchase from my dealer with either of two options (as yet undecided): purchase the tub we ordered at a lower price and understand this is a smaller equipped tub but a better bargain that we originally aqgreed to (have not paid for it yet) or pay more and get the Coast Radiance. Both of these are still up to a mutual agreement between me and the dealer.

As I first stated, I met a new person today. He told me he would relay my concerns to the owner (who I knew was out of the office when I stopped by) and would fax be a breakdown of my current spending and what it would take to get into the Coast model tomorrow morning.

More to come...

stevewhosau

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2008, 10:41:51 pm »

That website gets an "incomplete" grade IMO. I went to see what the difference was between the two spas and the spec sheet for each only tells you the dimensions of the spas and # of gallons. No mention of pump sizes (either real or fake HP), no mention of # and type of jets and other simple information shoppers are used to seeing when looking at spa models. I would think that would be information they would want to use for comparative reasons when shopping around.

Specs and standard equipment/options are on the following links; this side-by-side is where I finally understood the differences between the two. BTW - I am/was purchasing a Northwind Radiance 47 (no lounger)

Coast - http://www.coastspas.com/downloads/legend/Coast-Luxury-Platinum.pdf
Northwind (elite) - http://www.coastspas.com/downloads/legend/NW-Elite.pdf

Coast Warranty - http://www.coastspas.com/downloads/warranties/Coast_NAm.pdf
Northwind Warranty - http://www.coastspas.com/downloads/warranties/NW.pdf

Northwind offers a 2 year extended warranty (news to me)

ftwiebe

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2008, 01:03:00 pm »
So Have you got your tub yet?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2008, 01:03:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42