What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cleaning cover?  (Read 5116 times)

kacrab10

• 2004 Sundance Optima
Cleaning cover?
« on: June 17, 2008, 10:22:20 pm »
Does anyone have a recommendation on what to use to clean the spa cover that won't damage or dry it? The used tub we purchased has been in a shaddy wooded area and the top needs a GOOD scrubbin'!  I wasn't sure if just good ole soap and water would due or if that would be bad and dry it out?  THANKS AGAIN!

Hot Tub Forum

Cleaning cover?
« on: June 17, 2008, 10:22:20 pm »

BlueMoon2U

Re: Cleaning cover?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 11:26:38 pm »
I clean my cover often enough that I just use plain water and a soft scrub brush if needed. If I do it really often, I just use a chamois cloth and keep rinsing it out in a bucket of water. If yours is beyond that, you might try an all-purpose non-toxic biodegradeable cleaner that is a degreaser. We have one here called Holy Cow, you probably have others.

When you get your cover clean and it is nice and dry, you may want to consider applying a coat of 303 Aerospace Protectant. There is nothing like it, in my opinion. It really protects the vinyl and keeps it much cleaner too. It lasts for quite a while before it needs to be applied again. I get mine at the local marine supplies store, you can also find it on the Internet. It's good for a lot of things besides spa covers.

Blue

kacrab10

• 2004 Sundance Optima
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 08:16:40 am »
Thanks, Blue!

Mr._Bubbles

• Tiger River Bengal-HP
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 08:44:05 am »
I use 303 too, works good.
It's all about da bubbles!

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 09:26:23 am »
Clean my cover with something called Simple Green, which does a fantastic job.  Then the 303.  Highly recommended!

webboy

• hey bub
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 10:13:40 am »
I use a generic car wash soap, soft brush. Works great.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 12:55:36 pm »
what about armoral on the outside of the hot tub cover?

bad? good?

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 01:26:36 pm »
Bad....It is a petrolium based product and petrolium destroys vinyl. After I learned this I stopped using it on my car, boat, camper and have changed to 303. 303 is really great stuff.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Zep

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 01:49:51 pm »
"Bad....It is a petrolium based product and petrolium destroys vinyl"

Wow Hillbilly thanks....thats almost wierd because isn't Armarol
one of the most popular cleaners for such things?

I will get some of this "303" you speak of....is that the one made by STP?

Zep

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 01:53:11 pm »

303 Convertible Top Cleaner is not a soap or detergent. It contains no silicones or petroleum solvents so it’s safe wherever you use it. It’s non-toxic, non-flammable, non-hazardous, and 99% bio-degradable. It has no harsh chemicals or offensive smell. You can use this same product on carpet, wood, fabric, metal, even fruit and vegetables! One cleaner works on all these surfaces. 303 Convertible Top Cleaner is as gentle as water because colloids occur naturally. But the combination of ingredients in 303 Convertible Top Cleaner activates those colloids so they attack and break up dirt, oil, grease, and dust. Remember, colloidal action is strong enough to break up oil slicks on the ocean. If this cleaner doesn’t work, nothing will!

303 Convertible Top Cleaner may be the only cleaner you need for your vehicle and around your house. It’s powerful, versatile formula makes it easy to use and more effective than chemical cleaners. Use it regularly on your fabric or vinyl convertible top to keep it looking new.

To keep your vinyl top protected between cleanings, try 303 Aerospace Protectant. 303 is famous for this revolutionary product that locks out the sun, the rain and contaminates like nothing else. For your fabric top, we recommend 303 High Tech Fabric Guard to prevent fade and filth for up to 3 years.

32 oz

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/303-Fabric-Vinyl-Convertible-Top-Cleaner-32oz_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50450QQihZ020QQitemZ300233507780QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ebayphotohosting

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 04:06:09 pm »
Thats the stuff. We sell just the aerospace protectant since mild detergent will clean the cover, then apply the protectant.

I was surprised about armoral also. Our cover dealer informed us not to use it, they would void the warranty. We have to use what they offer, saddle soap (pain in the butt) or 303 on the covers. Since then I use it on everything and like it much better.

www.303products.com
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 04:08:49 pm by Hillbilly_Hot_Tub »
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 04:06:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42