What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bubbles/Foam  (Read 3327 times)

SDCPL858

Bubbles/Foam
« on: June 11, 2008, 06:27:23 pm »
We've had our HS Prodigy for a lil over a week and use it daily. When we turn the jet selector to one position it makes the water foamy like? Switch to the other position the bubbles/foam goes away? Any suggestions? My water tests come out perfect. Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Bubbles/Foam
« on: June 11, 2008, 06:27:23 pm »

Spiderman

Re: Bubbles/Foam
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 06:48:34 pm »
When we get foam in our tub, it seems like depending on where we're sitting and what position the diverter valve is in, the foam is drawn into the filter compartment.  Hope this makes sense.  8-)
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 07:40:27 pm »
Yes what Spiderman said does happen. I would recommend rinsing off your filter.

A good thing to remember to do before you use the spa is to jump in the shower and JUST RINSE it helps to get a lot of the oils off of your body before they get in your spa.  8-)

Merlin
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

SDCPL858

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 04:15:21 pm »
I'm not sure what rinsing off has to do with it as it only happens when we put the diverter in one location? One position it's fine, another position and we get foam/bubbles turn it back to the other position and the foam/bubbles disappear?

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 05:25:25 pm »
I'm not sure what rinsing off has to do with it as it only happens when we put the diverter in one location? One position it's fine, another position and we get foam/bubbles turn it back to the other position and the foam/bubbles disappear?

Are you sure you're not using the air selector control ... it looks like a diverter valve on my tub except smaller.

SDCPL858

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 03:07:56 pm »
I was told that my Prodigy did not have an air pump? It is the diverter handle located right were you step into the spa. It gererates a lot of foam/bubbles and then you switch it over and the foam/bubbles disappear? :o

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 05:22:58 pm »
I was told that my Prodigy did not have an air pump? It is the diverter handle located right were you step into the spa. It gererates a lot of foam/bubbles and then you switch it over and the foam/bubbles disappear? :o

The air selector valve is not for an air pump, but is a venturi valve that allows outside air to be drawn to the jet to give a different action.  From your description, you are turning this valve on and off.  When air is supplied to the jet, there is a stronger jetting action and fine air bubbles comming from the jet itself.

SDCPL858

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 06:56:24 pm »
Ok I gotcha, yea it turns off some jets and turns others on when you turn it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 06:56:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42