What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Inconsolable  (Read 5415 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Inconsolable
« on: June 10, 2008, 06:00:47 pm »
We had an emergency with one of our service vehicles hitting a tree.  I had to go and help out as I was the nearest person.  Everyone is OK, by the way.

So, on my way out, I left a note on the door saying "I had an emergency and will be back by 3:00 hopefully".  Well, I stayed to help clean up and was unable to make it back to the store until 4:00.

As I pulled up, there was a woman putting a note on my door.  I waved to her and said "I'm here!"  She jumped into her car with another woman, I motioned to them and they shook their heads and drove off.  I read the note and it said "Your emergency cost you a SALE!" ;D ;D ;D

Anyways, another guy pulled in a few minutes later on the be-back bus and bought a Limelight, so all's well that ends well, I reckon.

Hey, burr-headed note writin' lady...if you read this, I hope all of your future emergencies go off without a hitch. :)

I'll get back to the Alley Fest pics tomorrow.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

Inconsolable
« on: June 10, 2008, 06:00:47 pm »

MostlyLurkingGal

Re: Inconsolable
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 06:12:43 pm »
Her loss..............

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 06:17:16 pm »
 Would agree!!  

Glad everyone is ok, but how the heck  did he hit a tree??

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 06:19:26 pm »
Welcome to the world of slavery customer service
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 06:20:48 pm by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 06:21:59 pm »
Would agree!!Glad everyone is ok, but how the heck  did he hit a tree??
I'm guessing the tree was directly in front of the path he selected.

I'm also guessing those ladies were not serious buyers, they were just having a bad hair day.

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 07:03:29 pm »
"Your emergency cost you a SALE!"
Term

You do have to sell those bottles of Metal Gon to pay the rent, you know.

8-)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 07:10:30 pm »
Thanks for the encouraging words, ya'll... :)

Another lady just came by and consoled me with a Sovereign purchase, so I reckon life will go on.

We have a new service van, a big box one like plumbers use.  When our service tech pulled into the customer's driveway, a knot on an overhanging tree limb snagged the roof strut and tore the top up.  The limb broke free and crashed down in their driveway.

I went over there to help clean up the mess and it took a while for my dad to get there with a trailer and a chainsaw for us to finish up.  The whole day was pretty suck until the last hour and a half.

Gotta go, ya'll be good.

Term

Cyn

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 07:16:16 pm »
Not to be a downer and I think you were right and who cares about the ladies and losing a customer like that, but I have to say there have been a lot of "excuses" given in my life by someone providing a service and certainly if your emergency wasn't such an emergency, you would know that those ladies might have been a missed sale, yes?  

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 07:31:48 pm »
Yep, life happens and sometimes things don't go the way I'd like.  I would ABSOLUTELY loved to have been here, but I was at another customer's house cleaning up his driveway because of a mishap.  Accidents and emergencies just never seem to happen when it is convenient.  I figure if they'd really wanted a hot tub, they would have been here an hour before the emergency occured.

Term

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 07:34:06 pm »
Thanks for the encouraging words, ya'll... :)

Another lady just came by and consoled me with a Sovereign purchase, so I reckon life will go on.

We have a new service van, a big box one like plumbers use.  When our service tech pulled into the customer's driveway, a knot on an overhanging tree limb snagged the roof strut and tore the top up.  The limb broke free and crashed down in their driveway.

I went over there to help clean up the mess and it took a while for my dad to get there with a trailer and a chainsaw for us to finish up.  The whole day was pretty suck until the last hour and a half.

Gotta go, ya'll be good.

Term

Jim planted the tree to show the world even those Hot Springs trucks catch fire.  His spas have a 5 star crash rating by the way.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 09:00:28 am »
 "Your emergency cost you a SALE!"

She sounds like she would have been a real peach of person to deal with too. She probably just wanted a to purchase a tube of test strips. Or had a Dollar off Coupon from you compettitor.  

07 Caldera Geneva

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 11:00:37 am »
We have had a sign posted in our door since day one...."We are a family run buisness which helps keep our costs and in turn your costs down. There may be at times that we are closed due to unforeseen emergencies, we are sorry for any inconvience this may have for you. You can always reach us on our cell at ***-**** or ***-****.

We have good luck with this. Most people are willing to bend a little for the best customer service and great prices. If I add addtional staff, the costs of product goes up to cover it.

This sign is next to the one that says...Hours open...When we feel like getting here, Closed....When we are not here or someplace else! :D
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 07:44:52 pm »
Wow.....some peoples children.....
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 08:12:30 pm »
I had a sign that said -

[size=18]"Sorry, we're Open."[/size]

But we saw a few cars pull in, glance at the sign and pull away, so I trashed it.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

shortspark

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 06:36:50 pm »
Hi Term.  I have not been to Longview for quite a while to stop in.  I broke my toe over Memorial Day while on a fishing trip.  Oh well, it is coming along.  Those girls had no intention of buying a hot tub.  Something that important they would have waited.  Like someone said, they were probably in there to buy test strips or something.  Besides, if they saw you pull up and still took off they were jerks anyway.

Are you a new papa yet?  I'll stop by next time I get to Longview.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 06:36:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42