What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Swell-Tub's New Spa Search  (Read 77042 times)

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
Re: Swell-Tub's New Spa Search
« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2008, 02:34:15 pm »
Optima uses the same jets as the Maxxus.  I prefer it to the Maxxus myself, as I like open seating.  

As for the filters, there are several options online for cleanable, re-usable filters.
Although, customer feedback on the disposables is good here.
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2008, 02:34:15 pm »

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #121 on: March 28, 2008, 02:39:14 pm »
Yes the Optima is a nice spa, I think blowers in spas are useless, but like mentioned, it could work to your advantage when its hot outside.  The only other thing is the filter, I would hate spending 70 bucks for a new filter every 6 to 7 months and throwing that one in the garbage,  but thats me. ::)    Other than that if it fits, the WIFE likes it!!!   Question is do you like it?

Since Swell is from Vegas, it gets pretty hot there, I imagine!! :-[
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2008, 02:55:57 pm »
 Thats why the blower would/should work for him, it is heated air from inside the cabinet but it will also cool the water down faster if needed.

I like your nurse smiley
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 02:56:52 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

wewannahottub

« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2008, 03:27:40 pm »
Thanks!!--That's a pretty cool hot tub smiley!!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2008, 03:33:10 pm »
 Heres one your husband will like!!  

« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 03:33:35 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2008, 03:39:27 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2008, 04:24:20 pm »
The only other thing is the filter, I would hate spending 70 bucks for a new filter every 6 to 7 months and throwing that one in the garbage,  but thats me. ::)    Other than that if it fits, the WIFE likes it!!!   Question is do you like it?
It was the most comfortable and relaxing tub I have wet tested. I still plan on wet testing an Optima before I purchase. Please explain the filter comment. Does the Sundance require more expensive or more frequent changing of there filters? Also what would be a reasonable price to pay for an Optima with a blower, ozone, and stereo?

Thanks in advance,
Scott  :)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Tailhooker

« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2008, 05:18:31 pm »
It was the most comfortable and relaxing tub I have wet tested. I still plan on wet testing an Optima before I purchase. Please explain the filter comment. Does the Sundance require more expensive or more frequent changing of there filters? Also what would be a reasonable price to pay for an Optima with a blower, ozone, and stereo?

Thanks in advance,
Scott  :)
I was told that there is another filter by Sundance that you can buy and clean yourself just like all the other spas.  I should be wet testing a Cameo shortly. 8-)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 05:19:03 pm by Tailhooker »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2008, 06:36:04 pm »
When we wet tested the Maxxum last night they had it at 100 degrees and it was just my wife and I so we were in a large tub with only 2 people and she could barely walk because of back pain. We are raising our 6 month old grandson and she carries him around each day and I think that is why her back hurts all the time. We are both too old to be raising a baby. When she got out after 40 minutes her back was feeling much better and I think that is why she said just buy that one because it fixed her back.

I did like the Sundance but in all fairness the Jacuzzi felt good also except they had it at 104 degrees and I was too hot in it. When potential customers come in for a wet test I would highly recommend that you set the tub at 100 degrees so they can spend some time in the tub. When we tested the Hot Springs we had the same problem, they had it set for 104 degrees.

I noticed on Ebay they are selling new 2007 Sundance Optima's with stereo's for $6995.00 and $495 for shipping. They sell them COD so you can see the tub before you pay for it. So what is the story does Sundance have a lot of 2007's left over and some dealer in Illinois is unloading them on Ebay?

Scott  ;)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 06:37:44 pm by Swell-Tub »
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wewannahottub

« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2008, 07:05:55 pm »
Heres one your husband will like!!  

WOOO JIMMY!!

Hey, for the record, I like it too! :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D :-*
CHrisi

Hey--back to biz--our closest JQZ rep has a 470 on the floor but in Morgantown, WV.  Me and hubby may go for a ride...

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2008, 08:07:18 pm »
  Well good, you really gotta try the 470 its night and day difference from the J-465.

Swell-tub not sure who is selling 07 Optima's on ebay :-/   And not sure its something Sundance would condone??

2nd one would be,   who's gonna fix it doubt your local dealer will touch it?

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2008, 08:16:45 pm »
 Well good, you really gotta try the 470 its night and day difference from the J-465.
Swell-tub not sure who is selling 07 Optima's on ebay :-/   And not sure its something Sundance would condone??
I agree the J-465 was not very exciting. I would like to try a J-470 myself but there are not any available near by. I wouldn't buy one off EBay but was asking because you get to pick colors so it seems he has a few.

Scott  :D
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Kawwboy

« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2008, 02:55:19 am »
When I bought my Cameo...the optima was $9200
With Stereo, chem,lifter&cover,steps. I believe the blower is standard. He did throw in the ozone on my deal,and the optima and cameo were priced the same.1997 models

The internet deal...$7500 plus some goodies and you are getting close...still sounds like a good price.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2008, 12:24:33 pm »
The dealer here wants $11,800 for a Sundance Optima with stereo, ozone, and blower. For that kind of money I could buy a Jacuzzi J-470 equipped the same way. I see a conspiracy going on here since Jacuzzi and Sundance are the same company.

Scott  ;D
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Tailhooker

« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2008, 04:28:24 pm »

How is it night and day? ...The second diverter valve?  Same pumps right?  Does it give better (deeper) massage?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2008, 04:28:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42