What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Swell-Tub's New Spa Search  (Read 77041 times)

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Re: Swell-Tub's New Spa Search
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2008, 11:34:39 am »
TailHooker,
If pressure and neck jets is what you seek then try a Coast Spa. The Radiance with three 5hp motors and an air blower or the two 7hp motors with an air blower. The tub has action and pressure to spare. Two of the seats have 4 neck jets above the water line that are adjustable and spray down on the neck.

My biggest reservation has been that Coast is made in Canada and parts take some time to get if you don't have a repair shop that stocks them.

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2008, 11:34:39 am »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2008, 09:40:18 am »
Been looking at the 480 and was wondering if the power was better on that then the 465?  I'm about 6'4" and I really want a large lounger with good therapy.  Anyone got a ballpark figure for the 480 and 470 with and without bells and whistles?

I got a price here in Vegas of 11K for a J-470 with a stereo....
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Sundance or BullFrog?
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2008, 11:28:37 am »
In my Search I as thinking what Spa should I research next? Sundance or BullFrog?

I see that the Chino, CA location is a 3 1/2 hour drive from Vegas and was thinking maybe Sundance has a manufacturing plant there that I could tour.

BullFrog is in Salt Lake which is a 7 hour drive and I need to go to SL next month for a wedding anyway so does BullFrog have a plant there that I could tour?

Do any of you dealers know the answers to the questions above?
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

RK23

« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2008, 12:36:08 pm »
Scott, I know you wet tested an HS at the HS/Caldera dealer.  But I would highly recommend having them fire up a Caldera for a wet test.  Based on what you've been looking at, probably a Geneva.  It has one seat with good neck action, and we found the Caldera Utopia line to have more power and room than the HS.  You never know, it may save you the 3 1/2 hour trip to Chino.

Tailhooker

« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2008, 04:18:19 pm »

I got a price here in Vegas of 11K for a J-470 with a stereo....
I think a 480 is around 11.5K with stereo with only cover and chemicals in Corpus Cristi TX.  Don't know if that is set or if they add lifter and steps to that price.  Here they only have a 465 to wet test  :(.  To my hand the jets didn't feel very strong, is the 470 and 480 better... they have the same pumps but one extra diverter valve (guess that could make the seats stronger at the expense of the rest))

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2008, 07:18:49 pm »
Next wet test in scheduled for this Thursday.
I'm trying a Sundance Optima.
They have one retrofitted with the new 9HP turbo motors, the technician was a guy named Tim Taylor....

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
Re: Sundance or BullFrog?
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2008, 07:29:57 pm »
In my Search I as thinking what Spa should I research next? Sundance or BullFrog?

I see that the Chino, CA location is a 3 1/2 hour drive from Vegas and was thinking maybe Sundance has a manufacturing plant there that I could tour.

BullFrog is in Salt Lake which is a 7 hour drive and I need to go to SL next month for a wedding anyway so does BullFrog have a plant there that I could tour?

Do any of you dealers know the answers to the questions above?

Sundance should be available - I would call first for both.  You might be interested to see Jacuzzi's facilities there, too.  I've been transferred to the Jacuzzi "side" of the facility on accident a few times.

Bullfrog International has quite the state of the art facility in Bluffdale, UT.  I'm sure they would be more than happy to show you around.  

After reading some of your other posts, I think the Bullfrog facility will suprise you a bit.
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
BullFrog?
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2008, 09:16:58 pm »
BullFrog International has called me 3 times today. Then the St. George, UT dealer called me after that. They are looking for a new dealer in the Las Vegas area. They have come out with a new concrete jet pack that goes into in-ground spas.  Anyway they seem very pro-active.....

Scott  :)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2008, 10:53:29 pm »
So which Dynasty model are you looking at?

Scott  :)
We are thinking of the Caspian 55.  Nice seating, deep options, nice lights/stereo.  (we like bling)  Hubby is also eyeing up the Titan 5000.   :-/
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2008, 01:00:14 am »
Well the wife tells me that our wet testing days are over....

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Brookenstein

« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2008, 08:37:02 am »
Congrats on finally finding a tub.   :)

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2008, 08:51:44 am »
Well the wife tells me that our wet testing days are over....

Scott  ;)

Scotty--

Did you guys find a tub!!!??? :exclamation  How did the wet test go!!!  Did Ben Roesthlisberger really buy a Maxxus!!  my bad, sorry I couldn't resist :-?

Gonna nap for a bit--I'll check back in a bit.

WWHT ;)
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Sundance Optima
« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2008, 12:07:54 pm »
What do people on this forum think about the Sundance Optima?

We wet tested the Maxxum last night and my wife really liked the jets. Had the best lounger I have sat in so far. We don't want a lounger because it takes up to much space. I checked the reviews on Epinions and the tub ranks 4 out of 5 stars. Several owners on the site complain about frequent repairs but then say it is a high quality tub. Not sure how that works. Anyway we are thinking about ordering an Optima unless I come up with anymore ideas.

Thanks,
Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2008, 12:51:48 pm »
Nice tub! Sundance is a great brand IMO and there's a few Optima owners here too believe.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2008, 02:18:15 pm »
Yes the Optima is a nice spa, I think blowers in spas are useless, but like mentioned, it could work to your advantage when its hot outside.  The only other thing is the filter, I would hate spending 70 bucks for a new filter every 6 to 7 months and throwing that one in the garbage,  but thats me. ::)    Other than that if it fits, the WIFE likes it!!!   Question is do you like it?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2008, 02:18:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42