What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: spa perfect  (Read 2511 times)

Calypso

spa perfect
« on: June 06, 2008, 03:21:02 pm »
I am looking for any comments regarding Spa perfect as per the attached link

http://naturalchemistry.com/pool-and-spa-products/products/show/34

It seems to keep the water clear, no scum lines and no foaming. I use it about twice a month and it seems to help and does not gum up the filters. Any other clarifiers that you would recommend or are they just a waste of money.
2007 Pacific Calypso

Hot Tub Forum

spa perfect
« on: June 06, 2008, 03:21:02 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: spa perfect
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 05:07:25 pm »
I used to use spa perfect, then switched to another enzyme product but after a while I found I didn't need it. The first time I used it I had a huge scum line, I put the product in and in 24 hours it was gone ... I thought WOW!!!

It did seem to work but chlorine/bromine attacks the enzyme so sanitizers are somewhat less effective. I started thinking about it was a waste of money to put an enzyme product in just to have chlorine attack it.

What you may find is that as you use the tub, don't have suds in suits and become more aware of water chemistry that you don't need to use it as well.

I used to keep a bottle around "just in case" but I hadn't used it in a long while and I found that I stopped getting scum lines unless a bunch of people (teenage son and his friends) went in. I have since adopted the policy of scooping out the foam and hitting the tub with MPS. I only use the straight MPS so it works quite effectively at burning up the contaminents in the spa.

Calypso

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 05:46:57 pm »
Thanks for your response Vinny. I have also found that it does not make that much difference if the chemisty is good the bromine levels OK and the ozone probably also helps. I think the soap in suits was our biggest problem before but now we have a "suit" policy.

I think we fell in love with the possibility of "soft and silky water"  :)

Anybody have any other thoughts on to clarify or not to clarify. I do clarify the day defore the filter change just so the spare filters do not have to deal with any "gunk" at the start.
2007 Pacific Calypso

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 06:36:02 pm »
Enzymes are not necessarily clarifiers, they are 2 different products.

A clarifier is a good thing to have ... I use Sea Klear. What a clarifier does is to make all the stuff attract to each other, become larger and get caught in the filter. An enzyme actually "eats" the gunk it can.

Too much clarifier will start foaming and if you do use a clarifier then definately clean your filter in a day or 2.

Less is more with a clarifier but don't use it "just because"; if you get a cloudy tub use it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 06:36:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42