What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: chaulky feeling on skin  (Read 2357 times)

Tonyf

chaulky feeling on skin
« on: June 05, 2008, 11:33:29 pm »
I have been using dichlor and then shocking with MPS after having changed over from using EZ Spa two months ago. Since we have been using dichlor and MPS, we get a chaulky or feeling of a residue on our skin. The PH and Alkaline look within range on our test strips as well as hardness. Any thoughts on what would cause this?

Tony

Hot Tub Forum

chaulky feeling on skin
« on: June 05, 2008, 11:33:29 pm »

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
Re: chaulky feeling on skin
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 11:46:12 am »
What brand of MPS? Some of them have inert ingreidients that I have had some customers complain about leaving white residue on their swimsuits.

We find that the brands that have a higher percentage of MPS (active ingredient) seem to work much better, and you use less of it.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Tonyf

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 05:29:37 pm »
It is a private label Spa Shock OUt packaged by  Havaland Consumer Products. It does state on the instructions not to exceed the recommended doseage. However, I experienced a chlorine lock when I put new ater in and people on this forum suggested I increase the amount. The chlorine issues (we didn't need to add dichlor as the amount remained the same for a week) went away after I used more than the recommended 3 tablespoons per 500 gallon. I think that is when the chaulking feeling started.
Tony

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 07:12:54 pm »
If you are using 3 tablespoons per 500 gallons it sounds like it not pure MPS. The feeling might be from the other stuff it's mixed with.

Other than not using the shock and seeing if the water  gets better the only thing I can think of is either a partial or full drain.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 07:12:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42