What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dealer question  (Read 3193 times)

kacrab10

• 2004 Sundance Optima
Dealer question
« on: June 05, 2008, 11:49:26 am »
As a dealer how do you all feel if someone buys used (me) and then calls you for help. In this case I think the people who bought this new had to buy from the local dealer because there is only one! So they did get the sale initially.  Are you willing to help, does it bother you. Should I expect because (in this case it is Sundance) that because they sell the product they should be willing to help me??  I'm nervous about calling them, I don't know why as I'm not usually the timid type but it bothers me a bit.

Thanks,
The TRUE Maryland Crab (at least today)

Hot Tub Forum

Dealer question
« on: June 05, 2008, 11:49:26 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Dealer question
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 11:51:53 am »
We would unequivocally service it.

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 01:21:53 pm »
As a dealer how do you all feel if someone buys used (me) and then calls you for help. In this case I think the people who bought this new had to buy from the local dealer because there is only one! So they did get the sale initially.  Are you willing to help, does it bother you. Should I expect because (in this case it is Sundance) that because they sell the product they should be willing to help me??  I'm nervous about calling them, I don't know why as I'm not usually the timid type but it bothers me a bit.

Thanks,
The TRUE Maryland Crab (at least today)

I gotta think that is looked at a whole lot more favorably than buying new from a competitor. If I were a dealer I’d assume the used one may have only 1 to 6 more years in it and if I treat you well you may be a future spa buyer. Plus, that used one has no warranty so you may need service during the used spas life and non-warranty service does generate income. And then there are possibly chems sales too.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 01:41:38 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

kacrab10

• 2004 Sundance Optima
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 01:28:30 pm »
Not sure I will purchase my chemicals there because they aren't close to me at all, maybe 1/2 hr or more but we do need new headrests and I know they are expensive so I will probably get them there as I don't know where else I'd go for that??  Also, I was wondering how you all store your chemicals for easy access?  The closest place to my tub is going to be my kitchen.  

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 01:32:55 pm »
  I treat anybody that walks through the door as a valued/potential customer no matter what spa/question or need they have!!  Unless they want money, exceptions?  Little kids selling peanut brittle or cookies!!  :)   And I have yet to get any hookers in my store. ;D

kacrab10

• 2004 Sundance Optima
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 02:03:14 pm »
I took the plunge so to speak and called them they were SUPER friendly and gave me the tech's direct number so he can get the headrests for me!!  Yipee! I won't feel bad calling in the future.   Whoo, that's good.

8-)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 02:10:21 pm »
 Most places will be willing to help you as long as your not a pest, if you start taking up to much of someones time when their are people in the store looking around like they want to talk to a sales person about a spa can be bad thing just be aware of that when in the store.

kacrab10

• 2004 Sundance Optima
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 09:27:18 pm »
Thanks Jim, I'll be good!

Water Boy

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 10:30:14 pm »
Most places will be willing to help you as long as your not a pest, if you start taking up to much of someones time when their are people in the store looking around like they want to talk to a sales person about a spa can be bad thing just be aware of that when in the store.

Kind of like intex swimming pool pests. It goes something like this:

"Yeah, I bought one of those, you know, blow up pools at Walmart...." I cringe every time I hear that!! ::) Those customers can become pests very quickly!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 10:30:59 pm by Happy_Madison »
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 10:30:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42