What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newb Question for You Dealers...  (Read 4796 times)

chelseapaws

Newb Question for You Dealers...
« on: May 29, 2008, 02:40:51 pm »
Long time lurker/learner that has finally decided on a J-480.  Local dealer is offering an '07 floor model for what appears to be (based on previous posts) a very decent deal.  

Questions:  

Should I have any reservations about purchasing a floor model that has been filled?

Are there any substantial differences between 07/08 400 series tubs other than the lighted cubholders?

Is is possible to retrofit the lights in an 07 cupholder?

Many thanks for the support you've already provided to this newb!

Best Regards,
Kevin

Hot Tub Forum

Newb Question for You Dealers...
« on: May 29, 2008, 02:40:51 pm »

Calypso

Re: Newb Question for You Dealers...
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 03:09:29 pm »
We bought a wet test floor model and it has been 8 weeks with no issues. The Tub will still have the full warranty from date of purchase. The only thing to be careful of is sometimes there are two warranty periods. Our warranty for the pumps heater etc  stated 6 years from manufacture and 5 years from date of purchase.

A new spa will not guarantee that you wil not have any problems as saved by grace will attest too. BTW nice looking spa fred.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 03:10:45 pm by Calypso »
2007 Pacific Calypso

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 03:12:53 pm »
 Well congrats on your future purchase!  

Like you said the 07 doesn't have the  low beverage light indicators, that should be the only thing missing from 07 to 08   As far as a floor mdl we sell quite a few.  Make sure they put new filters for sure and pillows if needed,  also we always send a new cover if the spa has been on the floor longer than a year, which is pretty rare.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 03:15:25 pm »
We bought a wet test floor model and it has been 8 weeks with no issues. The Tub will still have the full warranty from date of purchase. The only thing to be careful of is sometimes there are two warranty periods. Our warranty for the pumps heater etc  stated 6 years from manufacture and 5 years from date of purchase.

A new spa will not guarantee that you wil not have any problems as saved by grace will attest too. BTW nice looking spa fred.

Fred's instance is rare but the sad thing is it happens time to time.  Unfortunately his tech doesn't stock parts  ::)
And his dealer in my opinion is a discredit to Jacuzzi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chelseapaws

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 03:39:43 pm »
Thank you both for the advice.  I never gave filters or headrests a thought.  Dealer mentioned they will "blow-out" the lines and give the tub a thorough scrub down.  The cover clearly has a few dark spots (mold?/algae?) around the interior edges that come into contact w/ the top of the tub.  I have to assume that can be easily removed by the dealer during this scrub down?

And yes, we fell in love with the elevated waterfall during our wet-test and look forward to delivery day!!!

Saved by Grace

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 06:43:02 pm »

Are there any substantial differences between 07/08 400 series tubs other than the lighted cubholders?

Best Regards,
Kevin

We wet tested the 2007 and purchased a 2008.  The 2008 comes with large spinner jets located; two under the waterfall, two in the seat at the front of the tub accross from the lounge, and two at the feet in the lounge.  We love these jets and are very glad they changed them for 08.  (at least we love them when they're running  >:()

In His Peace,
Fred

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 06:56:09 pm »
Thank you both for the advice.  I never gave filters or headrests a thought.  Dealer mentioned they will "blow-out" the lines and give the tub a thorough scrub down.  The cover clearly has a few dark spots (mold?/algae?) around the interior edges that come into contact w/ the top of the tub.  I have to assume that can be easily removed by the dealer during this scrub down?

And yes, we fell in love with the elevated waterfall during our wet-test and look forward to delivery day!!!

I'd ask for a new cover personally.... I don't think that's out of line and we would often do that when selling a floor model. Buyin a floor model can be awesome and there are good deals on these for the most part. Smart, thrifty shoppers buy wet tubs!  ;)

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 12:50:40 am »
Congrats. We have had our J-470 for a little over a week and we love it. The lit cup holders are not a big deal but the spinner jets are awesome. JJ can they trade out jets? Just curious...

Scott
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

chelseapaws

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 04:33:30 pm »
Thanks JJ and all for your responses...

As an update (yes, it has been slow today) we've gone ahead and purchased the floor model 07 J-480.  Fully loaded tub w/ Stereo (Ipod), CoverMate III, external corner pro-lites, steps & ozone.  

For approx $10K, I'll make sure that each of the beverage holders are "occupied" so the 08's lights won't be missed!  

Delivery scheduled for 13th -  :-/

Too soon to discuss chemicals, however I'm curious what you 400 owners have had success with???

Regards,
Kevin

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 05:18:17 pm »
  Congrats and nice going on the spa and you got a good price!!!     I set 90% of my customers up on chlorine and Nature 2 or better yet Jacuzzi pro clear cartridge, same thing but it mounts in the filter.

It really varies for most, but I believe the majority here use nat2 with chlorine and or shock after use or every couple of weeks.     Whats your dealer suggest???    Looks like your getting an ozonator thats good.

How many people will be using the spa?

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 06:01:44 pm »
I just pour bleach and vinegar in the tub. Then while I'm sitting in the tub I pass gas and that finishes anything else off. The process is cheap and simple.

Now for my Jacuzzi J-470 I use chemicals I can't pronounce and hope for the best.

Scott  ;D
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

kacrab10

• 2004 Sundance Optima
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 06:02:12 pm »
Ah, my dream tub, the ever elusive J480!  I'm gonna have to settle for the used Sundance for now. Can't get Scrooge to part with the dollars required to buy a new tub!!  Congrats to you.  Send pics as soon as you can.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 06:04:27 pm »
Congrats. We have had our J-470 for a little over a week and we love it. The lit cup holders are not a big deal but the spinner jets are awesome. JJ can they trade out jets? Just curious...

Scott

That would be a yes!!  The new jet should run prolly around 10 bucks or so I would guess??

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 06:06:20 pm »
Ah, my dream tub, the ever elusive J480!  I'm gonna have to settle for the used Sundance for now. Can't get Scrooge to part with the dollars required to buy a new tub!!  Congrats to you.  Send pics as soon as you can.
Well a used Sundance is better than what you have now. At least you bought a quality name, I went over to my neighbors and they were bragging about their new L.A. Spa's tub that they got brand new for 1/2 price. They claim they only paid 5K for a new 10K tub.

Anyway soak long and often.....
Scott
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

chelseapaws

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 08:54:21 am »
Dealer offered choice of Chlorine or Bromine "starter sets" (whatever that means?)

As for who/how many people using it - Me, the Wife, and my 2 1/2 year old (who's just about potty trained)  ::)

The plan is to run this four seasons, which should be interesting come winter as we're located in the snowbelt of upstate NY.

Jim, I'm assuming you're referring to changing out the FX2 and replacing w/ FX2S?  Is that something I could pull off myself?  Just curious what steps would be involved as I may be interested in replacing the ones located under the waterfalls per Fred's post...

Kevin

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 08:54:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42