What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First SOAK AWSOME- In the rain- Few more Q's  (Read 3462 times)

benalexe

First SOAK AWSOME- In the rain- Few more Q's
« on: May 31, 2008, 03:21:35 pm »
I just got out of the tub with me and my 3 boys and we had a totally awesome time.  I love the tub!! I found my favorite seat it is so awesome.  It has 2 jets from above the water line that shoot down on my shoulders and then the back jets are very wide that seem to sway back and fourth!!  It was great.

The lounge is nice too.

The boys were begging me to go in so we did. It started to pour but we did not care- Already wet.  The water was at like 95 degrees and I felt that i may actually like it a little warmer.

If I had to say there was one thing I wish my tub had was a bottom of the feet messager.  I know some tubs have them. Other than that everything was perfect.

The air bubbler was totally awesome.   Love it.

Okay so here are a few other questions.

Do most f you shower after you are in the tub?

Are most people so tired when they get out? I fell exhausted!!!!

I AM GOING TO NEED A COVER LIFTER!!!!  definitely.  This thing is a pain in the neck to take on and off.  I probably need a cover too but one expense at a time.

Can someone educate me on the differen choice for lifters.  I have plenty of space behind the tub so that is not an issue.  My wife is small so I will want her to be able to operate it too.

I have "thermoboard" as my side of the tub and would be a little concerned screwing right into the thermobpard a it is not that thick.  I also am on a spa pad so I do not thing I can screw anything into the pad.  So what is the best lifter, the easiest to operate and install?

Please help.

Without the lifter I can't see using the tub in anything but the summer as I was pretty cold until I got in and did not feel like closing it when I got out.

Hot Tub Forum

First SOAK AWSOME- In the rain- Few more Q's
« on: May 31, 2008, 03:21:35 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: First SOAK AWSOME- In the rain- Few more Q's
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 04:27:48 pm »
If your tub is freestanding and can get to the bottom (not in a deck) look at the pictures of Windsurfdog posted on his new cover. That lift goes under the tub - no drilling or anything.

Most hot tubs have 2x4 or 1x2 uprights ... you can screw in a lifter there. My lifter is screwed onto the sides and it has "shocks" to help lift the cover.

Here's a link to Doc's store and selection of lifts - both are in there:  http://www.rhtubs.com/store/cover.htm

I really never shower before or after using the tub. I will only shower if I got dirty or really sweaty before using the tub.

For some people they claim tubs relax them, I find that it wakes me up ... I don't use my tub if it gets too late because I will stay up for a few hours later wide awake.

The temp being at 95 is kind of low. Each temp of 1º higher will make the tub feel differently. My wife doesn't like hot temps and I don't like temps below 100. I get nothing out of my tub when I set it lower. What you will find that once you hit the 100 mark or higher the outside air temp doesn't affect you too much for a few minutes.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 04:28:13 pm by Vinny »

benalexe

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 06:38:21 pm »
Thanks Vinny,

Wow looked at Docs pages so many choices and I have no idea which one.  I will email Doc directly.

One thing I don't like is the ones that store the cover so high. To me it seems annoying. I understand the point of a privacy shield.

OH.  Just got out for the second soak of the day.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 06:38:54 pm by benalexe »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 08:35:04 pm »
Thanks Vinny,

Wow looked at Docs pages so many choices and I have no idea which one.  I will email Doc directly.

One thing I don't like is the ones that store the cover so high. To me it seems annoying. I understand the point of a privacy shield.

OH.  Just got out for the second soak of the day.

Mine does open high but it blocks the wind/breeze and the neighbors ... unfortunately I have neighbors with a direct view into my tub on the other side.

It's not too annoying, it becomes unnoticeable and the side I have it on nobody really uses except the corner seats.

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 10:31:30 pm »
Right now i just fold my cover up right and let it lean against the fence.
for the temperature! If you go over a100 then even in the winter it will feel good once you get out of the tub to cool down. I also get a little tiered in the tub. We usualy go right to bed after wards.

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 10:58:29 pm »
I just got out of the tub with me and my 3 boys and we had a totally awesome time.  I love the tub!! I found my favorite seat it is so awesome.  It has 2 jets from above the water line that shoot down on my shoulders and then the back jets are very wide that seem to sway back and fourth!!  It was great.

The lounge is nice too.

The boys were begging me to go in so we did. It started to pour but we did not care- Already wet.  The water was at like 95 degrees and I felt that i may actually like it a little warmer.

If I had to say there was one thing I wish my tub had was a bottom of the feet messager.  I know some tubs have them. Other than that everything was perfect.

The air bubbler was totally awesome.   Love it.

I just LOVE that you are loving your tub!!  Go in with your kids as often as you can,even if it's only for 10 minutes in the middle of paying bills.    As the years go by, you will relish the closeness and coziness that you shared with them in that tub.  :)
2005 HS Vanguard

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 11:04:13 pm »
I use a cover caddy.  It normally resides flush on one side of the tub.  When you wan to use it, you simply raise it up and slide the cover onto it after first folding it as normal.  It then tilts with ease and basically sits upright next to your tub held in place by the caddy.  It retails on most Spa sites for around $300 but I found it on eBay for about $125 from a guy that was liquidating a whole bunch of them many years back.  You should be able to buy a good lifter for between $150 and $250.

As far as relaxing, YEP, that is what they are made for.  If you felt tired after a 95-degree soak, just wait until you soak @ 102.  You will MELT into bed and sleep like a baby.  As long as you do a good job with your chemical balance, you don't need a shower afterwards.  If on the other hand you have high clhorine levels or use bromine, you may want to rinse off.  I usually only rinse off after wards when my 5 year old goes in with me.  It's pretty much his ritual to go straight to a hot shower after "Playing" in the tub.

Tubbing in the rain is fine as long as there is no lightning...
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

kokanee001

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 11:56:12 pm »
I agree with Vinny in that I find that I am kinda tired when I get out of the hot tub, but usually have trouble falling asleep after my soak. Chime in, people; let's see how most people can sleep right away after soaking and how many are rejuvenated.

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 04:43:50 pm »
Soaking helps me sleep.  Sometimes I have to sit up for 10 or 15 minutes until my body temperature comes down before I go to sleep, but I always sleep more soundly after a good soak!   8-)
Mike

benalexe

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 10:24:36 pm »
I am loving the tub. just got out wife likes it too!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 10:47:11 pm »
See...she just had to try it. I am so glad for you that she is enjoying the tub too...That is one of the reasons that I really love my tub..the time my husband and I can spend together talking, listening to music or just relaxing together. ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 10:47:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42