What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cleaning used spa  (Read 2463 times)

kacrab10

• 2004 Sundance Optima
Cleaning used spa
« on: June 01, 2008, 11:20:18 pm »
Just wondering if anyone has recommendations for cleaning and purging new (used) spa. We are purchasing from a family we know but ya never know what goes on!!   ;)  What should we do to clean inside and jets before getting in.  Also anyone know what a 2006 Sundance Bahia is comparable to in 2008?  It appears to be a 780 series but can't be sure.  

Hot Tub Forum

Cleaning used spa
« on: June 01, 2008, 11:20:18 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Cleaning used spa
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 11:39:20 pm »
I'd saturate a long haired gerbil with alcohol and make him run through the pipes. Some of the newer spas have over sized plumbing, is which case a small long haired gunnie pig might do a better job.

Or, if you'd rather, a plumbing cleaner such as Swirl Away or Spa System Flush should work sufficiently.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 11:40:23 pm by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Mr._Bubbles

• Tiger River Bengal-HP
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 04:13:34 am »
I have to disagree with Doc.  The Gerbil and Guinea Pig should use regular household bleach not alcohol. ;D  And just to ad, I would make sure to do a good heavy shock after the other treatments are complete.
It's all about da bubbles!

kacrab10

• 2004 Sundance Optima
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 06:21:15 am »
BAAAAHAAAAA ;D ;D ;D ;D, Never thought about the gerbil thats about all they are good for!  I think I'll stick to the swirl away and shock though it might keep me out of trouble with the Pet people!!  Thanks.  and Thanks for the huge morning chuckle.  

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 07:51:31 pm »
Was the spa running?
when yes than i would not much worry about it. the chems should take care of it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 07:51:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42