What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dealers....How do you handle service calls?  (Read 4171 times)

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
Dealers....How do you handle service calls?
« on: May 31, 2008, 07:40:02 pm »
I'm just curious to see how all you dealers handle a call when someone calls in and needs service on their tub.  Do you try to help them out over the phone?  Do you get a tech on the phone with them right away?  Or do you tell them that someone will call them back and no one ever does?
Please be honest.  I just want to know if I'm asking too much.  :-/

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Dealers....How do you handle service calls?
« on: May 31, 2008, 07:40:02 pm »

Merlin

• Just here to help.
Re: Dealers....How do you handle service calls?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 07:49:25 pm »
We make sure to go over every possible troubleshooting method there is over the phone with the customer first. This way we can try to narrow down the problem and possibly solve it with out the need for a service call.

When the service call is needed it is scheduled immediately and the tech is at the customers house within a day or two depending on his schedule and any parts that may be needed for the job.

No you are not asking to much. Your dealer just doesn't seem to care for their customers after the sale. I hope everything works out for you and your spa.

Merlin
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 08:34:32 pm »
We attempt to troubleshoot on the phone.  If we cannot fix on the phone, we have them call a dedicate service department line.  If message, call is returned same day, Monday through Friday, unless too late in the day.  Appointment is made.  Tech goes to house. :) Since they carry most common parts most calls are one appointment fixes.  We are not out as fast as Merlin.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Saved by Grace

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 09:51:26 pm »
When the service call is needed it is scheduled immediately and the tech is at the customers house within a day or two depending on his schedule and any parts that may be needed for the job.
Merlin

Ouch...

I'm hoping for 11 days so my wife and I can enjoy our 11th anniversary next Saturday. Sure would be nice to have our tub fully operational by then.

In His peace,
Fred

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 01:54:14 am »
Customer calls, I tell them to clean their filters and that solves the problem about 80% of the time.  If it is something else, I write up the service order and immediately fax it to service manager.  He calls the customer immediately and schedules service.  Sometimes, we are able to service the spa the same day.  Usually it is within 2 days.  On the very rare occasion, it takes 3 days.

Bear in mind that we have a huge territory (all of NE TX and NW LA) and over 7K spas in service after 23 years.  We have 3 full time, salaried service techs to handle the load.  I can pitch in and get rid of air locks if need be, but I can't do much else except give moral support.

We're having our company picnic tomorrow at Lake Palestine, so if I don't drown or get 'et by an alligator, I'll see ya'll Tuesday!

Term
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 03:33:14 am »
over 7K spas in service after 23 years.

We're having our company picnic tomorrow at Lake Palestine, so if I don't drown or get 'et by an alligator, I'll see ya'll Tuesday!

Term

Term-
My store 24 years covering the Antelope Valley from Ridgecrest to Valencia 0ver 11K tubs
1 store 1 Tech  ( he works 7-5 M-Sat)
There are a few ingroundpool stores and 2 spa stores but they are newer to the valley it gets very rough when we get a streak of calls from old Cal spas and old Beachport tubs and a few old HS tubs that were either really old ones of ours, and it can put a hurting on a family owned buisness.

sorry for the ramble  :-X
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 03:35:19 am by Merlin »
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

bohms

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 07:10:28 am »
Wow.  I would be so happy if I had one of you as my dealer.  Our tub has been completely dead since Saturday morning.  No call back from the dealer yet after calling 2 times on Saturday.  I will be calling again 10am today.

Spiderman

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 07:34:59 am »
We opened our HotSpring store last August and we haven't reached the 7K or 11K range yet  :o, but we're working on it, so we haven't had too many calls yet.  We've only had one call so far that needed quick attention.  

A customer called and left a message on a Sunday, which is one of the days we're closed.  Within 2 hours of leaving the message I was at the customer's house and took care of the issue for him.  He was very pleased  8-)

People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

bohms

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 08:29:14 am »
We opened our HotSpring store last August and we haven't reached the 7K or 11K range yet  :o, but we're working on it, so we haven't had too many calls yet.  We've only had one call so far that needed quick attention.  

A customer called and left a message on a Sunday, which is one of the days we're closed.  Within 2 hours of leaving the message I was at the customer's house and took care of the issue for him.  He was very pleased  8-)

Unbelieveable!  Kudos to you!  If you keep that up, you will have a very successful store!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 11:03:07 am »
When a call came in for service, we would try and troubleshoot it over the phone which often could solve the issue. If not, we would put them through to our service dept and they would book a service call. Any service was done within 48 hours.

If it was a new spa, it took priority and was looked after either the same day (calls before noon) or within 24 hours. There's nothing worse than receiving a new spa, having a problem and not getting looked after right away! Buyers remorse often stems from initial problems that aren't solved promptly and these MUST take precedence.

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 03:12:25 pm »
We do the same as Merlin and Steve. We try to resolve over the phone, if we can not, we go out within 1-3 days to address the problem. The longest we had to wait for a part was a week.

This sounds like an internet dealer thing to me. You should have much better service, at least a phone call to see what the hold up is!
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 03:12:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42