What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Piper Glen - Error Code SP Hr????  (Read 11498 times)

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
Piper Glen - Error Code SP Hr????
« on: May 31, 2008, 01:51:02 pm »
Went out to the tub this morning and opened the cover to a luke warm tub.  The error code is SP Hr.  The book says a hardware error was detected in .xm.  It says to restart the spa pack and start and stop all pumps and blower - did that....it didn't work.  Called our worthless dealer at 10am -they said everyone was busy they'll call us back.  Let a few hours pass and just called again at 1:40pm and the guy sounded irritated with me.  He said that the tech is very busy with customers and will call us back when he gets a chance.
Does anyone here know what this error means and if it's something that my husband can  fix?  Just curious b/c I'm sure I won't receive a call back today and I'll have to call again on Monday.
Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Piper Glen - Error Code SP Hr????
« on: May 31, 2008, 01:51:02 pm »

Merlin

• Just here to help.
Re: Piper Glen - Error Code SP Hr????
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 02:08:21 pm »
i would call Artesian if you are having issues that your dealer wont help you with.

1800-854-7727 They are open 8am-5pm pst
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 02:16:01 pm »
  I am not familiar with that error?   I don't remember seeing that in any service manual I have for Artesian.
How long did you leave it shut off???

I would turn it off for 15 min then turn it back on but don't run any pumps, let it start up like normal.  If this doesn't work you could open the front panel and start by unplugging the ozonator first. it very easy, just find which plug it is on the outside of the control pak turn power back on and see what happens.

If the spa starts up and runs with no error it might just be a bad ozonator, if it errors again go around and turn each pump on one at a time, let the pump run for a minute if it runs fine, then turn it off and go to the next repeat all the way around and see if its an individual pump, if it is unplug that pump from the pak and see if the spa runs?

If you still get the error right away you may be at the mercy of the tech.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 02:18:00 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

bohms

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 02:18:13 pm »
I did that once before and they basically told me that there was nothing they could do to help.  The dealer's tech would get to me when he could.  Wound up being 3 weeks after I called.  The dealer has a part time tech who works 4 days a week (after 5pm only for 3 of those days and the other day is Saturday) and the guy uses every excuse in the book not to come to your house.  Let's see....we've heard, "I got something in my eye and I can't see", "I'm going to my doctor b/c something happened to my back", and the dealer even comes up with excuses for him or they just act stupid and pretend they don't know anything.  I asked Artesian if they could possibly send a tech from another store and they said no, the tech has to come from the store I purchased the tub.  So Artesian called the dealer while I was on the phone with them and they came back to me and said, "Well, the guy hurt his back, he'll get to you when he's feeling better".  
Sorry, to me, coming from a customer service oriented business, that's unacceptable.

bohms

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 02:19:30 pm »
Thanks Jim - my husband will try your suggestion.  I'll let you know.  I guess it's a new error code???  It's listed in the book.

bohms

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 03:01:55 pm »
Jim - your suggestion didn't work.  Thanks for trying.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 03:59:16 pm »
Bohms,

I don't know where in NJ you are but call my dealer .... SimplySpas in Manalapan. Since they are Artesian dealers maybe they can help, use my name maybe that will help. They seem to be good people. Another dealer who used to post here is Dave, there were actually 2 Daves - the Spa guy and another from National Pool and Spa, both Artesian dealers.

My dealer sounds like she used to sell to all of NJ until more Artesian dealers popped up.

Good Luck!

bohms

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 07:46:26 pm »
Bohms,

I don't know where in NJ you are but call my dealer .... SimplySpas in Manalapan. Since they are Artesian dealers maybe they can help, use my name maybe that will help. They seem to be good people. Another dealer who used to post here is Dave, there were actually 2 Daves - the Spa guy and another from National Pool and Spa, both Artesian dealers.

My dealer sounds like she used to sell to all of NJ until more Artesian dealers popped up.

Good Luck!

Hey Vinny - they are the next closest dealer to me.  I never tried calling them b/c Artesian told me that I didn't buy it from them so they wouldn't service it.  I never received a call back from my dealer today.  I just sent the owners (they're brothers) an email.  We'll see what happens.  If that doesn't work, I will probably call Manalapan.  I wish my dealer never popped up....they opened in 2000.  I wish I bought from your dealer!

bohms

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 10:38:53 am »
Called the dealer again this morning and I told the guy who answered the phone that I called twice on Saturday and no one ever called me back.  He said that's b/c the tech guy   doesn't work on Saturday.  I said that's not true, he works every Saturday and I was told that he was there, just busy with customers.  He said, oh, I don't work Saturdays so I didn't know whether he worked or not.  I said, well then why would you tell me that he wasn't here???
He said that someone will have to call me back.  I know that the tech guy is part time and doesn't come in until 4 and I'm sure I won't get a call back from him.
I asked to speak to Gerard (the owner) - of course he wasn't in.
I called another Artesian dealer in Central NJ - she was very nice and will get back to me to see if they can help out.  
I'm also going to call Artesian headquarters when they open in 20 minutes.
Please someone tell me if I'm being unreasonable.  My tub is dead and I'm in a rage.  I'm trying to be as nice as I can on the phone but it's very hard to do.  I also never got a response to the email I sent the owner on Saturday but maybe he hasn't read it yet.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 10:58:43 am »
Called the dealer again this morning and I told the guy who answered the phone that I called twice on Saturday and no one ever called me back.  He said that's b/c the tech guy   doesn't work on Saturday.  I said that's not true, he works every Saturday and I was told that he was there, just busy with customers.  He said, oh, I don't work Saturdays so I didn't know whether he worked or not.  I said, well then why would you tell me that he wasn't here???

Why are people skills so difficult for some to conquer? While the truth is always best and we wish people would stick to that simple plan there are really 3 options. You either a) tell the truth, b) play stupid or c) be stupid. I'd give a final warning to that guy for picking the 3rd choice!!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 11:00:49 am »
He said that someone will have to call me back.  I know that the tech guy is part time and doesn't come in until 4 and I'm sure I won't get a call back from him.
I asked to speak to Gerard (the owner) - of course he wasn't in.
I called another Artesian dealer in Central NJ - she was very nice and will get back to me to see if they can help out.  
I'm also going to call Artesian headquarters when they open in 20 minutes.
Please someone tell me if I'm being unreasonable.  My tub is dead and I'm in a rage.  I'm trying to be as nice as I can on the phone but it's very hard to do.  I also never got a response to the email I sent the owner on Saturday but maybe he hasn't read it yet.
Unreasonable?? Not in the least. If anything, maybe a little too soft.

There's no excuse to be treated the way you have been(period). I hope the other dealer can take care of business. Good luck.

Sincerly,

Chad

bohms

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 11:28:22 am »
Spatech - I'm with you 100% on this one.

Chad - thanks!

Called Artesian Headquarters this morning and they're going to give the store a call.  But I don't feel too confident.  The guy I spoke to at Artesian said that "We can't make them come out and fix your spa, all we can do is give them a call".  What the hell is up with that????!!!!  He said I'll call them and hopefully they'll call you back by the end of the day.  He said that it sounds like I need a new spa pack.  Great...... >:(

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 11:28:22 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42