What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Price check Jacuzzi please.  (Read 5091 times)

mactastic

Price check Jacuzzi please.
« on: May 31, 2008, 05:55:17 pm »
I'm new here on the board and looking to get into my first hot tub. Naturally I can't wait so I thought I'd consult all of you more experienced hot tubbers.

I just got back from my local Jacuzzi dealer.  They have a 2007 J345 they want get rid of for $6595+tax. This comes with the radio, ozonator, cover and steps. This has never been wet, just sitting in the warehouse waiting to get sold.

On the other side they want $7200 for a 2008 J345 without the radio.

I'm sure they can do better if they really want to sell it.

Does this sound like a fair price to you all?

What are the big differences between the 07 and 08?? The salesman told me they only changed two jets when the 08 came out.

I stopped by the Hot Springs dealer first but they seem awfully high.

Thank you for all your help.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 06:24:03 pm by mactastic »

Hot Tub Forum

Price check Jacuzzi please.
« on: May 31, 2008, 05:55:17 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: Price check Jacuzzi please.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 06:28:08 pm »
You're editing your post faster than I can type. :-[

Imho, both those prices are fair.

Btw, welcome to the forum!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 06:29:08 pm by WHY_NOT »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 07:21:56 pm »
6500 with stereo and all is an excellent price, I would probably sell it for 7000.   And Yes I believe the only changes are a couple of jets, and possibly lighted cup holders  cant remember when they made the switch.  I have the J-345 at 7495 with out stereo.

Trust me its a good deal, if anything see if they will throw in the coverlifter.  

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 08:37:05 pm »
The '07 price is awesome.

You checked out Hot Spring and they were high.  I can see that by comparison.  They are giving away that floor model Jacuzzi.  How stable is the dealer?  Will they be there to take care of you?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

mactastic

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 08:46:58 pm »
Thank you for the feedback thusfar everyone.

I'm not sure how long that particular dealer has been there. But I do get mostly good vibes thusfar.

And this one was never on the floor. It's sitting in the warehouse, just never got sold.

The dealer being there to take care of any potential problems after the fact is huge for me.

After the price and dealer reliability issues. My only concern is buying a model that I haven't actually seen yet and the differences from that and the 2008 on the floor.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 08:50:04 pm by mactastic »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 09:26:16 pm »
My dealer sells a lot of J-345's for 7800 with a stereo and they have no overhead because store is paid for by the pool side of the house. I think you have a good price.

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Saved by Grace

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 09:43:03 pm »
Have you wet tested the J345 yet?  I personally wouldn't buy something I haven't been in wet.  $7K (not to mention electric and deck) is a lot of money spend without a "test drive". ;)

Good luck.

In His Peace,
Fred

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 10:52:23 pm »
So would you say you are still "test driving" your spa Fred?
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 10:53:19 pm »
I'm new here on the board and looking to get into my first hot tub. Naturally I can't wait so I thought I'd consult all of you more experienced hot tubbers.

I just got back from my local Jacuzzi dealer.  They have a 2007 J345 they want get rid of for $6595+tax. This comes with the radio, ozonator, cover and steps. This has never been wet, just sitting in the warehouse waiting to get sold.

On the other side they want $7200 for a 2008 J345 without the radio.

I'm sure they can do better if they really want to sell it.

Does this sound like a fair price to you all?

What are the big differences between the 07 and 08?? The salesman told me they only changed two jets when the 08 came out.

I stopped by the Hot Springs dealer first but they seem awfully high.

Thank you for all your help.

I doubt if you will find a better price for a similarily equiped spa from any quality manufacturer.  Since you stated that price INCLUDED the stereo, I would agree that it's a killer deal.  Don't be surprised if they haven't already sold it by the time to call them in the morning.  I assume that the color is acceptable, right?  My advice... BUY IT....QUICK!

PS - As the other guys on here can attest I VERY rarely tell anyone to buy right away.  I almost ALWAYS say that "You can probably get a better deal" but in this case, I highly doubt it could get much better.  As you will see, other mfgs with want $8,500 for a similarily equiped spa that size.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 10:55:08 pm by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Saved by Grace

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 11:12:21 pm »
So would you say you are still "test driving" your spa Fred?

Nope.  I'm committed to the tub that fit us best and believe in the long run we will be very happy with our decision.  I know that this kind of thing can happen with any of the manufacturers.  To think it can't would be foolish.  However, I know there are dealers on this site that would have made this much less painful.  I guess what I'm saying is I wish I could have test drove the dealer.

In His Peace,
Fred

mactastic

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 01:58:37 pm »
sure enough, called the dealer this morning. gone.

So what would a good price be on a 2008 J345 with and without a stereo??
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 02:02:39 pm by mactastic »

Merlin

• Just here to help.
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2008, 01:59:45 pm »
 I guess what I'm saying is I wish I could have test drove the dealer.

In His Peace,
Fred

I hear you on that. I hope someone is able to take better care of you and your spa from now on.
Knowledgeable, Friendly, Helpful and Award Winning Hotspring & Caldera Dealer in Southern California

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 04:11:33 pm »
sure enough, called the dealer this morning. gone.

So what would a good price be on a 2008 J345 with and without a stereo??
I would say anything under $8,000 with a stereo would be a great deal. In the 300 series I like the J-365 best because it is larger and has a full dome of foot jets. Here in Vegas I could get a J-365 with stereo for $7800. I gave this price to you earlier for the the J-345 by mistake. Again my local Jacuzzi dealer has no overhead expenses so they are selling Jacuzzi's about $1000 below the norm IMHO.

Just for the record I never use the stereo but my wife loves it. The best part about the stereo is the floating remote (I put mine in a sealed sandwhich bag) that controls the tub as well. Also if the tub sold so quick I think that is an example that your dealers price was a good price.

Good luck,
Scott  :)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 04:11:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42